Board index Photography Technical Questions RED EYES

Technical Questions

RED EYES

Discuss technical aspects of photography
pek499

RED EYES

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:47 pm

Please can anyone tell me how to take photos of my dog tucker with out the eyes always comming out red....i have the eye on my camera and it stills makes his eyes red...please help..thanks

madlights

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:07 am

Some photo software allows you to eliminate red eyes pretty easily, and adjust the color you want to eliminate (and some only do red) since animals often come out with yellow or white reflections...I can't remember which programs do and which don't among the free ones. Do a google search for fastone viewer, photoexplorer (there is a free one I think still and it allows change) The software that came with your camera if it's digital may do this too. Some others are irfanview, gimp, picassa. Look on Cnet too for free photo editors.
Another solution and one of the only for film, is to try and get your flash unit as far from the lens as you can. That way you don't get the reflection directly back at you as much.

djwixx

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:08 am

This might help explain why it happens and give you ideas on stopping it.
http://www.colorpilot.com/redeye_effect.html

Essentially if your using a flash you are more than likely going to get the effect so it is probably easier to remove the issue after the fact.
Last edited by djwixx on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

camera0bug

Post Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:38 am

Of course, if you can skip the flash....

...no red eye!

Don't be afraid to be different than the pack.

nchlfot

Photobot

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:48 pm

I use Photobot on my pictures. It has auto red eye reduction. I get green eyes on my cats. I need green eye software.

dang

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 pm

You can find PS plugin's and instructions for removal of pet red eye with other programs here: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/redeye ... Photos.htm
:wink:

castledude

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:19 pm

Both Ulead PhotoImpact and Corel PSP have native support for green eyes, red eyes and yellow eyes (dogs). PSP has some really elaborite features for correction.

I use an external flash to get rid of it.

nchlfot

Thanks

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:23 pm

Thanks for the tips on yellow/green/white eyes Castledude and Dang. I don't know if it's worth that much truoble for my cats. I have about a billion pictures of them. I guess if it ever came down to one being really important, I will try one of these tricks.

Board index Photography Technical Questions RED EYES