Board index Photography Technical Questions Canon S3 IS Owners - Help

Technical Questions

Canon S3 IS Owners - Help

Discuss technical aspects of photography
davidnia

Canon S3 IS Owners - Help

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:52 am

Hi, just hoping someone can help me with the settings on my Canon S3 IS.
The manual is quite vague.
Basically i need to take great pictures for my website. The web designers have told us the pixel size they need to be which are 5 sizes:-

80 x 80
125 x 125
150 x 150
250 x 250
500 x 500

The photos will be of mostly close-up and i have taken some good pics with the macro settings. I need to know how to use all the other settings to their best capability.
I know it's a lot to ask, but if you could point me in the right direction that would be great.
Thanks,
David.

ericvision

Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:33 am

You seem to only have a problem with image sizes...

Just take all of your photos with the largest size that the camera can do and then resize them to your requiremens on the computer afterwards. There are many freely available programs for doing that. That way you won't be losing image quality for no reason.

Or just give the web designers the large sized images and they can resize them to whatever they want to use. It takes seconds.

heez10

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:14 am

Picasa. from Google is free and it is very easy to use editing system, crop them to a 5x7 scale (preset), then hit "export" and you are set to post them, but shoot at largest and "fine"setting for top quality, you have a great camera. Hernan

http://www.pbase.com/heez10/

johnfalky

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:54 am

You mean to tell me that your webdesigners can't resize pictures? This sounds to me like you need to find someone else to do your work. For Webs, the image size isn't the only issue, the FILE HAS TO BE COMPRESSED as well, and this might be more important than the actual size of the image.

Board index Photography Technical Questions Canon S3 IS Owners - Help