Board index Photography Technical Questions interior shots- questions on equipment- please!!!

Technical Questions

interior shots- questions on equipment- please!!!

Discuss technical aspects of photography
ashley_brook

interior shots- questions on equipment- please!!!

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:02 am

Hi-
My friend is an interior designer and she wants me to take some shots of her work for her portfolio. I want the images to look professional, and as I am not, I need some advice from some of you wise pbasers. I have a Fuji finepix s7000. I have a tripod. That would be all.
SO- my questions are as follows:
Do I need another lens to attach to my camera, such as a wide angle to capture an entire room? I need to buy additional lighting to set up around the interior- so what would you all recommend?
any help?

thanks in advance!

goodlistener

Post Fri May 04, 2007 2:25 am

Maybe you could practice in your own home to see what works for you?

ghsmith178613

Re: interior shots- questions on equipment- please!!!

Post Fri May 04, 2007 8:01 am

ashley_brook wrote:Hi-
My friend is an interior designer and she wants me to take some shots of her work for her portfolio. I want the images to look professional, and as I am not, I need some advice from some of you wise pbasers. I have a Fuji finepix s7000. I have a tripod. That would be all.
SO- my questions are as follows:
Do I need another lens to attach to my camera, such as a wide angle to capture an entire room? I need to buy additional lighting to set up around the interior- so what would you all recommend?
any help?

thanks in advance!

yo... ashley....

goodlistner is absolutely right.

maybe you should try this in your own home.

you never got back to me about this. i posted those images where and how i felt safe. i offered to show you the original trophy winning 16x20 prints any where in austin. you pick the place and bring you family if you want. i told you how to check me out. we talked about there being a lot more to this than putting a camera on a tripod. we talked about how you aunt is accustomed to paying huge fees for pro commercial people. we talked about how you hope to start doing this for your aunt for money. i told you that i would make you a really good deal and include some training.

yeah, i know, you appreciate my generosity.
Forty years of photography.
Fifteen years of training young professional photographers.

madlights

Post Sun May 06, 2007 11:50 am

I don't know what kind of software you have...but you'll probably need, and I think there are some free ones, like Irfanview or Gimp that might do perspective corrections if you use a wide angle. Photoshop Essentials I think does (been a while since I've used it)You will need that since all the walls will be going off in directions that people's heads(perceptions) don't go. I would read as much about interior lighting techniques on the net as possible, since photography is all about the light. There's a lot of different styles I've seen...and you've got to figure when you set up the light what you want to emphasize with it. The first thing to overcome is to get the windows so they don't look like a nuclear war is going on outside...if you have a correct exposure for the inside. I read so many people's comments on camera forums about cameras and lenses and all the worship of technology ...and so little about lighting. Well you're going to learn something :). Good luck...just do a search on Google for interior photographic lighting to get you started...although you probably have. I'm sure there are others on here also who are much more knowledgeable than I am at this.
http://www.imagematics.com/Resources/In ... photo1.htm
there's the first I found. Seems relatively simple and a good starter.

Board index Photography Technical Questions interior shots- questions on equipment- please!!!