Board index Photography Technical Questions Digital Photo Astronomy

Technical Questions

Digital Photo Astronomy

Discuss technical aspects of photography
csturner

Digital Photo Astronomy

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:36 pm

I am very interested in using a camera for digital astronomy. The recent discovery of comet Lovejoy by a member of this site, sparked my interest. I believe I read somewhere, that he used a Canon 300d. Does anyone have advice on a Digital camera capable of taking good night shots, support for many lenses and manual features? Any advice is appreciated.

ericvision

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:22 pm

He used a Canon EOS 350D. They are available very cheaply and offer all that you ask... As does the 400D from Canon or the D40 or D50 from Nikon, or pretty much any other digital SLR in the same price bracket. Sorry, I'm not up on the Sony, Olympus and other brands.

Canon even produce a DSLR for astrophotography - the 20Da.

csturner

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:18 pm

Thanks for that. I am also curious if there is a good blog, or info site, that details the how to and such of this hobby. I hope "hobby" isnt insulting, but you know what I mean. Thanks

castledude

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:24 am

An article on the comet discovery (including what equipment is used) is at http://www.space.com/spacewatch/070330_ ... vejoy.html

They have a very involved community there....

fb_581382

Changing filters

Post Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:04 pm

I have a Canon Rebel 300D and, as I am a Asrophotographer, I would like to know a place in Brazil or USA that makes changing of the original sensor's glassfilter for a Canon Clear filter used in astrophotography.
Does someone have the site adress of a firm that make this changing of filters?

Thanks
Francico Bolivar Crnreiro
Brazil

mikelogan

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:20 pm

U can share ur pictures on sites like http://www.irisize.com so that we all learn from each other . 8)

Board index Photography Technical Questions Digital Photo Astronomy