Board index Photography Technical Questions which camera to buy

Technical Questions

which camera to buy

Discuss technical aspects of photography
dagadakanth

which camera to buy

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:34 am

i am having doubt clarity of photo depends on mega pixel or not?

I am planning to buy a digital camera can any one suggets a good camera at low cost i am a software engineer.iam not a photographer i want camera only for sweet memories thats all.

please suggest some good camera below 12000 with good clarity in picture

jdepould

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:25 pm

12,000? What kind of currency? Clarity isn't a word we normally use, are you talking about sharpness?
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

dagadakanth

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:53 pm

currency is in Indian rupees

yes it is sharpness what i mean.

mrlenin

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:59 am

I preffer Sony, even with less mpixels Sony has better quality as I admitted.

gilp

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:00 pm

the price/quality/easiness award goes to the DigitalElph line from Canon... you can get a Micro P&S (630) for around 300$.

Canon as the best color engine on the market right now.

bruce46

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:42 pm

You might want to consider Fuji FinePix f20. Aside from being inside your price range, it is one of the top brand in compact camera.

dang

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:40 pm

I'll second Canon. :)

madlights

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:43 pm

bruce46 wrote:You might want to consider Fuji FinePix f20. Aside from being inside your price range, it is one of the top brand in compact camera.
From what I've read on reviews...these Fuji cameras are very good. You can also get the F30 if you can still find them for a bit more than the F20. The F31 is about $300 US. Both the F30 and F31 will take very good pictures in darkened places without flash. They are also 6 megapixels..some camera companies try to get too many megapixels on a small sensor and end up with very noisey pictures...or very blurry since they must use noise reduction. Fuji didn't go that route, and has a very good camera. 6 megapixels is plenty...and will be very good even with larger prints. If I were buying a camera for my pocket today to carry around, it is what I would get.

goodlistener

Post Fri May 04, 2007 2:24 am

There are a lot of choices and you will get much advicce, which is hard to reach a conclusion from. 12,000 Indian Rupees is about $300 US Dollars which I am more familiar with being in the US.

I recently bought a Fuji Finepix F31d at $350 US plus about $50 for a memory chip and can recommend it a lot. The Fuji F30 model and F40 models are both slightly less expensive. Fuji does no sell as many cameras as Canon, and Canon is VERY good. The reason I recommend Fuji is that they do especially well in low light conditions, better than any other brand as a matter of fact. There is a lot of detailed information at http://www.dpreview.com (and they like Fuji).

Nikon has a very easy to use screen, the way the menus are arranged.
Kodak is a very simple and easy to use camera and generally sells for a goodd price too. I like Kodak a lot but they do not do as well in low light as uji. The Kodak colors are really good.

Canon has a full product line. All of them are good, none are bad.
Pentax cameras have a really good and easy to use set of menus and options on the screens, are a good camera and are less widely avaialble than Canon or Nikon.

One advantage of Fuji is the batteries last a long time. My experience with an older model of Kodak is that it uses up the batteries very fast.. That may be just because its an older model. But, the Fuji is well known and respected for long battery life. I can tell you from personal experience that short battery life (think Kodak and some Canons here) is a trouble.

Best of luck, many good models and just get a good one, and don' worry too much. Having a lot of pictures is god fun, so mainly "Just do it".

Board index Photography Technical Questions which camera to buy