Board index Photography Technical Questions Where can I get my sensor cleaned?

Technical Questions

Where can I get my sensor cleaned?

Discuss technical aspects of photography
frankswood

Where can I get my sensor cleaned?

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:37 am

Hi all,

I have a D70s body with a filthy-dirty sensor (I blame a pesky dust storm in Petra). Have tried to clean it myself but it's still covered in muck.

My initial solution was to give the camera to the wife as a gift Rolling Eyes and treat myself to a squeaky clean D200 with lovely environment seals...

I told her all the spots on her shots were down to a basic lack of photo skills but she's not buying it. Looks like I'll have to 'treat' her to a pro sensor clean or I'll be sleeping in the garden.

Can anyone advise where I can get this done? We live in Kent (BR5 area) but can do London. Was told that http://www.fixationuk.com could help (and it seems they can) - but they don't open at weekends which is a bit of a prob for me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Andrew

martinphotography

sensor clean

Post Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:41 am

Any place that services Nikon should clean your sensor. Did you try to clean it with a dry method or a wet method. Repeating a wet method should work. I use http://www.visibledust.com Visible Dust Swabs with eclipse optic cleaning fluid. That's about all I know. Hope it helps somewhat.

guillaume

Post Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:01 am

Hi,

few months ago a friend told me that Nikon has a "room" ("shop" I don't know how to translate french word), in Paris where they advertise their products, and where they can clean sensors (for free).
Have a look if they've the same thing in London. It may be possible.

I found the adress of french "room" in contact menu of french Nikon website :
Espace Nikon
88 boulevard Beaumarchais
75011 Paris
Have a look on english website.

I'm a Canon user and unfortunately they don't have such a room & don't provide this service... so I bought a cleaning kit too (sensor swab, easy too use, and efficient).

Best regards.

Guillaume

--------------------------------

Nature, Wildlife, Mountain, Polar & Sub Polar Regions Pictures
Mediterranea, Patagonia, Arctic Svalbard, Iceland
Dance, Volleyball & Beach Volleyball, & Sailing Pictures

Leave comments & Vote if you like it !

Board index Photography Technical Questions Where can I get my sensor cleaned?