Board index Photography Technical Questions fisheye pizza

Technical Questions

fisheye pizza

Discuss technical aspects of photography
eviltoothpaste

fisheye pizza

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:38 pm

This sounds like a strange request, I'm sure, but let me explain. I am having a debate with a fellow about what a pizza would look like through a 10-15mm fisheye from very close above the pizza, looking straight down.

I ask of someone with such a fisheye if they could take a picture of a pizza. Preferably a big pizza.

I will post a link to my argument results once I get a picture to back them up. It has to do with the shape of the Earth, and you might find it interesting!

Thanks in advance. :lol:

gemmf

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:45 am

If this is a serious post, I really can't wait to see the results! :lol: Any particular type of pizza are you after? I personally prefer Margherita.

eviltoothpaste

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:42 pm

I prefer greek pesto.

But for this picture, anything with sufficient pizza qualities will do. I will be indebted to someone for an indefinite while.

dang

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:01 pm

Send a fresh, hot pizza first, and I'm sure plenty of people will be more than willing. :wink:

eviltoothpaste

Post Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:40 am

If I buy someone a pizza ... I'll want a lot of pictures. And some pizza.

Anyone live in Denver?

gemmf

Post Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Come on, someone must be able to do this. I'm dying to see the shots! :P

alexphotos

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:03 pm

Sadly I dont have a fish eye pizza, but if i would I have done it!
Alexandre Trudeau-Dion aka ALEXPHOTOS http://www.pbase.com/alexphotos <=== http://www.Alexphotos.ca

jstuedle

fishy pizza

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:24 am

Do you wish it done with a full frame fish-eye, or a spot fishy?

eviltoothpaste

Re: fishy pizza

Post Tue May 01, 2007 8:07 am

jstuedle wrote:Do you wish it done with a full frame fish-eye, or a spot fishy?

Spot. Thanks for asking for clarification.

madlights

Post Tue May 01, 2007 11:57 am

alexphotos wrote:Sadly I dont have a fish eye pizza, but if i would I have done it!
The next Pizza I order I will try and order the "fish eyes" but I think it might make my wife sick if she sees them peering back at her. :D :D :D

dang

Post Tue May 01, 2007 12:24 pm

Evil wrote:
I will post a link to my argument results once I get a picture to back them up. It has to do with the shape of the Earth, and you might find it interesting!

Uh oh... Does this mean Earth is square, and only looks round because of the atmosphere! :P

Okay.. who's got a fisheye lens that might do this?.......
Think I might know just the person. :wink:

ericvision

Post Wed May 02, 2007 2:31 pm

dang wrote:Uh oh... Does this mean Earth is square, and only looks round because of the atmosphere! :P

The earth is round, but only relative to square things. Since square things in nature are rare, square-ness tends to be an artificial quality. Since round-ness only exists when compared to square-ness, round-ness must also be artificial. The atmosphere is (mostly) natural, so the round-ness of Earth has nothing to do with that.

Bringing it back on topic. The above proves that the world, and pizzas, look round because pizza boxes are square.

rileypm

Post Wed May 02, 2007 2:39 pm

The world is flat and ships sail over the edge every day. They just keep it out of the news.

gilp

Post Wed May 02, 2007 5:58 pm

rileypm wrote:The world is flat and ships sail over the edge every day. They just keep it out of the news.

finaly someone accepts the world as it should be..... and this whole thing about pizza boxes being square is another invention of the liberal media. now that we've got that settled, maybe we should address the theory of evolution.....

gemmf

Post Wed May 02, 2007 7:25 pm

I'm still waiting for that image!! :P It might be quicker at this rate if I went out and get a fisheye lens and shoot it myself. :lol: :lol:

Next

Board index Photography Technical Questions fisheye pizza