Board index Photography Technical Questions fisheye pizza

Technical Questions

fisheye pizza

Discuss technical aspects of photography
eviltoothpaste

Post Thu May 03, 2007 7:54 pm

I may have found a friend of a friend to take the picture for me. However, she is an "artist" and wants cash ...

gilp

Post Thu May 03, 2007 8:40 pm

eviltoothpaste wrote:I may have found a friend of a friend to take the picture for me. However, she is an "artist" and wants cash ...

good for her!

madlights

Post Mon May 07, 2007 6:22 am

Columbus never proved that you couldn't sail over the edge of a Pizza....and I had a friend with a fish eye but we ate the Pizza. Sponge Bob may know someone with a "fish eye" I sure hope so...this thread is getting kinda long with no results.

dang

Post Mon May 07, 2007 3:49 pm

Yeah.. I thought I knew someone who'd shoot a pizza, but they sold their fisheye. Send me a lens, I'll buy the pizza and be glad to shoot if for free. :P
Can't believe someone hasn't posted a shot in all this time.

gemmf

Post Mon May 07, 2007 7:21 pm

eviltoothpaste

Post Fri May 18, 2007 7:29 pm

gemmf wrote:Image

straight up fact! I found a 35mm cheapo camera with a built-in fisheye for $50. I might just go that route, though I would prefer a digital image.

kerrym

Post Sat May 19, 2007 7:02 am

So it hasn't hapenned yet.... Maybe you should ask in Show & Tell
Kerry Mitchell NZ
http://www.pbase.com/kerrym

pinemikey

Post Mon May 21, 2007 3:38 am

rileypm wrote:The world is flat and ships sail over the edge every day. They just keep it out of the news.

Nah, they just keep sailing on the other side...Didn't you know all sailors tie themselves in when they go to their racks?

Jeez, fellas..there should be a bunch of people with expensive fish eye lenses or should I say, "Glass" (What a moronic term). I got this cheapo add-on which takes pictures of prediticable quality, but since we're just taking a picture of a friggin' pizza, who needs to be Ansel Adams about it? I had pizza twice last week, but only saw this thread tonight.

You know something else? Considering some of the other threads in this "Technical" forum, this is the best thread by far, so far.

gemmf

Post Mon May 21, 2007 8:58 am

I'M STILL WAITING PATIENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

madlights

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:15 am

This is sad. If I had a fish eye lens...I would have done this. Come on peeps...somebody has got one that eats pizza ???

dougj

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:18 am

The problem is simple, pizza is best eaten when hot, so the subject gradually disappears while the gear is setup.

I've sometimes wondered why a round pizza comes in a square box, but this question is clearly off topic....

gilp

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:52 am

The problem is that every pizza that I got into the studio refused to sign the release.....so I killed them

gemmf

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:55 am

dougj wrote:The problem is simple, pizza is best eaten when hot, so the subject gradually disappears while the gear is setup.

Very true! I've had a few pizzas since this thread has started but I decided to eat them instead of fiddling with a camera. Come on, surely there must be somebody who like a cold pizza here?

dougj wrote:I've sometimes wondered why a round pizza comes in a square box, but this question is clearly off topic....

I don't think it's off topic. It is a very important and fascinating issue. Let the discussion begin!

dang

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:15 am

gemmf wrote:
Very true! I've had a few pizzas since this thread has started but I decided to eat them instead of fiddling with a camera. Come on, surely there must be somebody who like a cold pizza here?

I've had a couple myself, but I'm still waiting for the lens to shoot it with. :wink:

gemmf wrote:
dougj wrote:
I've sometimes wondered why a round pizza comes in a square box, but this question is clearly off topic....

I don't think it's off topic. It is a very important and fascinating issue. Let the discussion begin!

I've been working on a way to produce round boxes for square pizza, but coming up with someone to finance the venture has been a problem... almost as bad as finding a shot for this thread. :P

dougj

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:52 am

gemmf wrote:I'M STILL WAITING PATIENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good pizza waits for no mere mortal.

gilp wrote:The problem is that every pizza that I got into the studio refused to sign the release.....so I killed them

Killing a pizza is best done with appropriate quantities of a fine beer IME. Probably best done after the shoot :lol:

dang wrote:....almost as bad as finding a shot for this thread.

Our failing in this might indicate we need more research in the pizza part of this job....

Or maybe I'm just hungry :?:

The original post related to a fisheye pizza, I've seen some creative pizzas in Asia, ones with new, unidentifible toppings that might be interesting to eat. I haven't found one with fisheyes, but I'll keep looking.

PreviousNext

Board index Photography Technical Questions fisheye pizza