Board index Photography Technical Questions Panasonic NV-GS11

Technical Questions

Panasonic NV-GS11

Discuss technical aspects of photography
cheeky21

Panasonic NV-GS11

Post Wed May 09, 2007 5:24 pm

I have a Panasonic NV-GS11 with a USB cable and a firewire cable to connect to pc. Before Windows SP2 came out, I was able to get recorded footage from digital camera and put it on to pc. Since SP2 came out neither myself or a mate has been able to get footage uploaded to pc. I have emailed Panasonic numerous times to ask for updated drivers but my replies are usually...'You need a firewire' even though I tell them I have one or 'Do a windows search for updated drivers' cheap cop out considering I can not find anything there either.

All I am wanting to do is get footage from digital camera to pc. The software that came with the NV-GS11 is DV Studio 3.1 but doesnt seem to want to do anything but upload still pictures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dang

Post Wed May 09, 2007 6:14 pm

I've had nightmares since the SP2 update, and can't download RAW files. I've also experienced problems getting Ulead PI 12 update to run. I've tried everything they've said, including running the compatibility wizard for PI 12, but it still doesn't work. So, Ulead is saying it's a Windows problem, and wouldn't give a refund.

I'd suggest searching the web, and sending an email to Windows "Help Center". You might also search for computer help groups to see what they say, but I've given up. It's very frustrating, and I certainly sympathize. Sorry I can't be of more help, but these type things can sometimes be difficult.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

cheeky21

Post Wed May 09, 2007 8:01 pm

the only thing i can really think of is uninstalling sp2 uploading everything i want then putting it back on again...only problem is its very time consuming and a lot of hassel especially if i record more footage

will try the help centre and see what they say

Board index Photography Technical Questions Panasonic NV-GS11