Technical Questions

blue cast on non dg lenses

Discuss technical aspects of photography
petr_petr

blue cast on non dg lenses

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi people,
can you help me with small problem?
Have a couple old beautiful lenses(sigma 400mm f5,6,sigma 70-210mm f2,8,some m42 mm lenses,)and on my beautiful sigma camera :? does not working properly,have blue cast like over image.
Want buy filter for correcting that,but don't know which is corect.
UV or Skylight filter,any good and cheap brand please?
Thanx for any help and sorry for my english.
Regards
PP

dang

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Links to photo examples would be nice, but here's a quick comment on these filters..
UV filters cut only the ultraviolet light range, and depending on shooting circumstance, might not have any effect on the colors. Example, if you're wanting a warmer tone indoors, it's not likely to help.

Skylight filters are actually slightly tinted toward the red side, which might effect the shot at times UV's won't.

You might also be experiencing lens flare which could be helped with a Circular Polarizing filter instead, but without example shots we have nothing to go on. If it's merely the color which you'd like to warm, that's easily done within camera settings, or with most post processing programs instead.

While filters such as UV, or Skylight offer some protection for your front elements, most won't offer the optical quality of good lenses. So purchase the best filter possible if you'll be using it a lot.

Board index Photography Technical Questions blue cast on non dg lenses