Board index Photography Technical Questions Diffrent speed between inside viewfinder and top display

Technical Questions

Diffrent speed between inside viewfinder and top display

Discuss technical aspects of photography
petr_petr

Diffrent speed between inside viewfinder and top display

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:00 pm

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have difrent speed beetwen inside viewfinder and top plate lcd.It's anoing,i did catch that last week only.I have sigma sd10,we dont need talking about quality of camera,i love sigma.
My suggestion is speed should be same on both displays,that correct?camera is over 2 years old only so that pass guarantie.
Sad think is i never know,what speed i using actually.
If is any way to help what i should be doing ,please,don't be hesitate answer.
Thanx for any help.
PP

ivinghoe

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:03 pm

Its possible that stray light is getting to the camera`s meter when you look at the top lcd panel, to check cover the viewfinders eye piece and see if the exposure changes. It get this alot when shooting with my 20D when using a cable release and tripod. Canon actually have a rubber cover attached to the neck strap to prevent this. I simply put my cap ove the rear of the camera once composition etc is set. I usually only need to cover up when the sun is shining from the camera rear

Al

jdepould

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:05 am

One way to determine what shutter speed was actually used is to check the EXIF data after you've taken the picture. You should be able to access it somewhere in camera, but I'm not familiar with Sigmas, try checking the manual.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

dang

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:42 am

Al wrote:
Its possible that stray light is getting to the camera`s meter when you look at the top lcd panel, to check cover the viewfinders eye piece and see if the exposure changes. It get this alot when shooting with my 20D when using a cable release and tripod. Canon actually have a rubber cover attached to the neck strap to prevent this. I simply put my cap ove the rear of the camera once composition etc is set. I usually only need to cover up when the sun is shining from the camera rear

Absolutely! Stray light entering the viewfinder when your eye is removed is the most likely suspect I'd think too. I wouldn't be concerned there's a problem with the camera, just cover the eyepiece and you should be fine.

madlights

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:02 am

Yep my old Minolta Film SLR's came with an eyepiece cover attached to the strap for this very reason.

petr_petr

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:14 pm

Yep,thanx for tip,
that camera have that cover but i never used before!!!!!!!!! :wink:
And it's possible get bluish images if that cover is not used?
I am using lot of remote and miror up function.
Thanx a millllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PP

thelund

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:37 pm

petr_petr wrote:And it's possible get bluish images if that cover is not used?

No it should not be possible! The mirror is blocking the light entering through your viewfinder.

Brian

Board index Photography Technical Questions Diffrent speed between inside viewfinder and top display