Board index Photography Technical Questions lighting and shadowing - two questions

Technical Questions

lighting and shadowing - two questions

Discuss technical aspects of photography
sightminer

lighting and shadowing - two questions

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:54 am

I'm trying to decide on the best flash gear I can get on a fairly limited budget, to be used in wedding photog. I don't even know the "buzz words", but I need a left and a right light. My boss uses Lumidyne and I about choked when I saw their price tag - no can do. But are there any kits out there that come with all the bells/whistles and do the job of a Lumadyne? Probably a silly question, but finances force me to ask.

Next question - shadowing. I saw a cool B/W pic on Pbase with a coffeecup, and the lightsource around the 2 o'clock position. Very cool effect. I'd like to work on that with objects as well as people. Any suggestions on the type of gear to get. Do I need a high wattage light source or can I improvise with household lighting?

Obviously newbie questions, which would be what I am - a newbie.

I'm going to continue experiementation in the meantime, but please, if you can aid in my quest for knowlege, I'd be obliged.

jypsee

click on this link

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:32 pm

http://strobist.blogspot.com

it should help you

Board index Photography Technical Questions lighting and shadowing - two questions