Board index Photography Technical Questions working with Wireless Flash

Technical Questions

working with Wireless Flash

Discuss technical aspects of photography
manibj

working with Wireless Flash

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:37 pm

I have a canon Speedlite 430EX and I want to know can I working wireless with one flash? I don't think so my camera work as remote for this flash!
I think I should have at last two flash.

Thank you
Canon EOS 350D | Canon EOS 40D | Sigam 10-20 EX HSM | Canon EF 28-135 IS USM | Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro | Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro | Canon Speedlite 430EX
http://www.pbase.com/manibj

ghsmith178613

Re: working with Wireless Flash

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:18 pm

manibj wrote:I have a canon Speedlite 430EX and I want to know can I working wireless with one flash? I don't think so my camera work as remote for this flash!

Thank you

if you have the owners manual, read it VERY VERY CAREFULLY - like an engeering manual. especially the part about networking the flashes. canon also has a good support forum.
Forty years of photography.
Fifteen years of training young professional photographers.

annayu

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:40 am

manibj wrote:I have a canon Speedlite 430EX and I want to know can I working wireless with one flash? I don't think so my camera work as remote for this flash!

Thank you

A 2 flash system would be most versatile, but you can fire your 430EX with Canon ST-E2 which is lighter than a flash. Other solutions are Pocket wizards, skyport, or other electronic triggers but then you lose the ETTL function.

gemmf

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Yes, ST-E2 is very useful. :)

timothyhughes

Post Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:21 pm

manibj wrote:I have a canon Speedlite 430EX and I want to know can I working wireless with one flash?

I've heard good things about these remote units: http://www.gadgetinfinity.com/product.p ... at=0&page=

Board index Photography Technical Questions working with Wireless Flash