Board index Photography Technical Questions Photos have streaking, vertical lines

Technical Questions

Photos have streaking, vertical lines

Discuss technical aspects of photography
tidalflats

Photos have streaking, vertical lines

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:09 pm

Do you have any suggestions on how to rid the printing of photos from vertical, lines that occur on all printed photos. I'm using an Apple (OSX), Apple's "iPHoto" software and an Epson RX500 photo printer. Thank you.

andrys

Re: Photos have streaking, vertical lines

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:34 pm

tidalflats wrote:Do you have any suggestions on how to rid the printing of photos from vertical, lines that occur on all printed photos. I'm using an Apple (OSX), Apple's "iPHoto" software and an Epson RX500 photo printer. Thank you.

Try the 'maintenance' or 'cleaning' option on your printer. It will redo
the power mix or something and usually will get rid of the lines while also
using up no small amount of ink, unfortunately. You should print something
at least once a week to avoid this.

annayu

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:07 am

Vertical lines would suggest something stuck on the paper rollers and not clogged nozzles which would give horizontal lines.

andrys

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:16 am

annayu wrote:Vertical lines would suggest something stuck on the paper rollers and not clogged nozzles which would give horizontal lines.

I don't know. That was true of the HP smartphoto I had but with the Epson, I get very irregular missing things but the problems are also aligned.

A good idea for sure to look at the rollers as well.

tidalflats

Thank you....

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:17 pm

Thank you for your help. I"ll try all the suggestions. How does one begin to understand a particular, technical photo printer such as the Epson RX500?

ehreng

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:08 pm

I've got a cheap, came-with-the-computer Epson which i was never impressed with. However, if some of the buttons are the same, hold down the one that shows a box with a droplet inside for about 3 seconds and it should start cleaning the print heads by itself. Plus you ought to have a manual to help you out...

Also, this probably goes without saying, but make sure you're using high quality paper and the highest print setting when you tell it to print. I've never really been happy with my printer photos though, they always look good from far away, up close is just rather a blur.

Board index Photography Technical Questions Photos have streaking, vertical lines