Board index Photography Technical Questions Help needed with creating a memorable DVD.

Technical Questions

Help needed with creating a memorable DVD.

Discuss technical aspects of photography
caren21

Help needed with creating a memorable DVD.

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:09 pm

Hi,

I have movie maker and have been making a short but memorable disc for a family member.

I have added Photo's a short video clip and some music.
Once saved to my PC, it saves in .wma.

When I then burn to disc, none of my DVD players will play the disc :? I don't know if there would be some confliction b/c of having a video and music on this disc, or whether it's simply b/c my DVD player doesnt support the file type.

I tried converting to .mpeg and still had no luck.

Could anyone please advise me on what file type I need to convert to in order to play the disc?

Thanks, caren.

djwixx

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:28 pm

It depends on what your DVD pplayer supports, but generally it will need to be in DVD format (.VOB) which your DVD burning software should create depending on the original format. You may also want to check what format you DVD burner is (+ or -) and make sure your DVD players support the same format.

caren21

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:03 pm

djwixx wrote:It depends on what your DVD pplayer supports, but generally it will need to be in DVD format (.VOB) which your DVD burning software should create depending on the original format. You may also want to check what format you DVD burner is (+ or -) and make sure your DVD players support the same format.

Thanks for your reply :)

I have tried looking for a converter to go from .wma to .vob and can't find anything :(
I can find lots that will go from .vob to .wma but not vice versa.

christophertravels

Post Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:21 am

I've made a few DVD's from my photos. While these play on my DVD player, they do not on my parents' player. I don't know why.

I heard a story (I don't know if it's true or not - that's for you technology experts to debate) that some DVD players are designed not to play home made DVD's to prevent people from making illegal copies of commercial DVD's.

Board index Photography Technical Questions Help needed with creating a memorable DVD.