Board index Photography Technical Questions What is "Program(2)" on D200 ?

Technical Questions

What is "Program(2)" on D200 ?

Discuss technical aspects of photography
bertone61

What is "Program(2)" on D200 ?

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:08 pm

Sorry, do not have a D200. What does "Program 2" mean which I see in the exif data of shots taken with D200?

Is it the 'shift' program or is it one which has user defined settings? Or is it just the "green auto mode" ?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

jdepould

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:53 pm

D200 doesn't have green auto mode, or any scene mode for that matter.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

marxz

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:25 am

Probably just means "opps Nikon stuffed up your EXIF data"
(and to be fair Canon pretty much do it as a matter of course - apparently I take most of my shots in aperture mode and my external flash has never fired)
there is no .sig

bertone61

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:02 am

Guys, thanx for your answers. It is the shift program. Cam provides a shutter speed and aperture automatically. If ya don't like what the cam offers you simply turn the wheel and you can choose from several aperture/shutter speed settings the one which you think is best....

So it is in fact some kind of reduced 'green mode'. One thing I could not find out is how the camera handels the AF in this program mode...

Regards
Steve

jdepould

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:28 pm

bertone61 wrote:Guys, thanx for your answers. It is the shift program. Cam provides a shutter speed and aperture automatically. If ya don't like what the cam offers you simply turn the wheel and you can choose from several aperture/shutter speed settings the one which you think is best....

So it is in fact some kind of reduced 'green mode'. One thing I could not find out is how the camera handels the AF in this program mode...

Regards
Steve

All DSLRs have P, it differs from auto in that the only settings that are automated are shutter speed and aperture, generally you can scroll through different options as well, which is what I think the original question addresses. AF is not affected, so whatever AF settings you input are the ones it uses.
Nikon D300, D200
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 55mm f/1.4 micro, 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G DX, 80-200 f/2.8D
Apple PowerBook G4, MacBook Pro
Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop CS3

Board index Photography Technical Questions What is "Program(2)" on D200 ?