Board index Photography Technical Questions Canon shutter life...

Technical Questions

Canon shutter life...

Discuss technical aspects of photography
normlynch

Canon shutter life...

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:44 pm

Just noticed that my Canon 350D is at 50,000 shots.
From my research on google I've seen a number of 50,000 being the shutter life for my camera.
Can anyone tell me what their research into this has revealed and what their camera is at now?

How to tell you're shutter life: If the folder name is 540CANON then subtract 100 (the first folder created is 100CANON) giving 440, therefore the number of shots will be 44000. Assuming you have used sequential numbering from the beginning and have not reset it.

Norm...

castledude

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:59 pm

As another one of those "you can find anything on the internet"

http://www.olegkikin.com/shutterlife/canon_eos350d.htm

Here in the US the cost of shutter replacement is nearly the same as to buy another new body (with a fresh warranty). So you might want to consider a retirement and use it as a backup body or sell it and buy another for less than the cost of the shutter repair.

gpaai

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:12 am

Ok, so the current folder from my 5D is named 100EOS5D. What does that make the number of images shot on my 5D?

I have never noticed previous file names, are they always even numbers? If so and the folders are labeled 100, 200, etc., how do you count actual photos? I mean one folder might have 345 images, while the next 287. Does that make sense?

Gary
I love photoshopography.......

Board index Photography Technical Questions Canon shutter life...