Board index Photography Technical Questions Opteka Battery Grip For Canon XTi

Technical Questions

Opteka Battery Grip For Canon XTi

Discuss technical aspects of photography
pepawofva

Opteka Battery Grip For Canon XTi

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:40 pm

I'm thinking about buying a battery grip for my Canon XTi. I looked at the Canon model and the Opteka one as well. The Opteka sell for about $100.00 less then the Canon. Amazon sells one via 47th Street photo with batterys for about $80.00. I have 2 of the batteys that they sell and they last longer the the Canon battery. I was wondering if anyone has any exoerence with the Canon or Opteka and would be wiling to share there advice on them. I have read review on both and they are mixed both good and bad. I'm not sure that the Canon is worth the extra money so I would like to find out what you folks think. Thanks in advance for the replys.
Dan

djwixx

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:34 pm

I've read reports that the Opteka ones look and feel very cheap hence the price and the reviews have made me steer clear. I've been looking for one for my Nikon but will get Nikon's own so it's more in keeping with the cameras aesthetics.

pepawofva

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:46 am

I did some reading and I did find a lot of reviews talking about problems with the camera turning of when using the Opteka. So I think I may go with the Canon. I have another question. Does any one use the Canon E1 Hand Strap. If so how good of a job does it do?
Dan

canonmania

opteka grip

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:43 pm

I have 2 of these grips, the one about a year now and the 2nd was just recently purchased. I have had no problems what so ever with either one of them.

Yes they are reasonable and inexpensive and no problems

daanderson

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:56 pm

I've never held the Canon version and I'm certainly no professional. I did however buy the Opteka and am pleased with my purchase! I'm not hung up on the Canon brand name ( I do like there equipment though).

I like what works. It has extended my shooting time and has not fell apart. The biggest issue I think the XTI has had is that the camera body is smaller then some are accustomed to using. The grip "fits" with the camera body size. I wouldnt call the Opteka grip cheap looking. Try it, you'll buy it and enjoy the longer shoots!

Board index Photography Technical Questions Opteka Battery Grip For Canon XTi