Board index Photography Technical Questions Bottom Line: What is the best camera ??

Technical Questions

Bottom Line: What is the best camera ??

Discuss technical aspects of photography
vasinger

Bottom Line: What is the best camera ??

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:45 am

I am not a professional, but I am looking for a camera that is great for artistic shots of people- one that I could use for myself for promo pictures etc.

I have 2 cameras already- one is a GE Digital 8 MP camera- the other is an Olympus 35 mm camera.

I like both- I do think the 35 mm is better in some ways, but I do like the conveience of the digital camera.

I want high quality pictures of myself without paying an arm and leg in a studio.

Any reccomendations? How about Nikon F75-D Quartz Date 35mm SLR Camera Body Silver IMP ?

marxz

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:21 am

I think you'd be better off asking about what sort of lighting equipment to get and how to use it for said studio promo shots. (hint.. you don't actually have to spend big on pro studio lighting to get good results)

That would make several magnitudes of difference to image quality compared differences between any suitable combination of reputable brand/model of camera & lens.

my suggestion would be at least 2 manual strobes/flashes (brand not important so long as they have sync ports and manual control but Vivitar are both cheap and good) with shoot through umbrellas that be used as reflectors or defusers, plus, obviously, stands for said strobes
there is no .sig

vasinger

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:42 am

marxz wrote:I think you'd be better off asking about what sort of lighting equipment to get and how to use it for said studio promo shots. (hint.. you don't actually have to spend big on pro studio lighting to get good results)

That would make several magnitudes of difference to image quality compared differences between any suitable combination of reputable brand/model of camera & lens.

my suggestion would be at least 2 manual strobes/flashes (brand not important so long as they have sync ports and manual control but Vivitar are both cheap and good) with shoot through umbrellas that be used as reflectors or defusers, plus, obviously, stands for said strobes

Very good. What about for outdoor shots?

Board index Photography Technical Questions Bottom Line: What is the best camera ??