Board index Photography Technical Questions Running Photoshop in Windows format on an iMac?

Technical Questions

Running Photoshop in Windows format on an iMac?

Discuss technical aspects of photography
jypsee

Running Photoshop in Windows format on an iMac?

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:26 pm

I've decided to abandon Microsoft in favor of Apple hardware and wonder if anyone is running their photoshop for windows CS or CS2, CS3, on a iMac/Apple machine? I have CS and want to upgrade to CS3 and I can do that but I think I'd not be able to cross platform upgrade (windows to apple) so I'm sorta considering running XP pro on the iMac and installing my PS CS in windows/microsoft version. Is anyone currently doing that? Is running PS on a mac better in the Apple version compared to running a microsoft version?
Hoping for some insight...

Mary on the UP at the moment

prinothcat

Re: Running Photoshop in Windows format on an iMac?

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:40 pm

jypsee wrote: Is running PS on a mac better in the Apple version compared to running a microsoft version?
Hoping for some insight...

Mary on the UP at the moment

From what I understand yes, just dump your windows stuff entirely. It's costly, but my understanding is thathte native mac stuff runs in a far superior manner.
I'm not sure how well any of the native win32 stuff runs on a Mac. Mac is based on BSD unix at it's heart, and winderz is just that winderz.

dougj

Post Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 pm

There was a post on DPR a couple of months ago by a user that switched platforms. Adobe, in a rather surprising & uncharacteristic moment of customer sensitivity, provided the user with a no charge download/license for the other OS version. It might be worth a call to Adobe support.

jypsee

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:00 pm

Consensus seems to be (I've posted this question on other forums I subscribe to) that dumping the Windows version in favor of Mac version is the best way to go; I have a link that says I can upgrade across platforms and that's what I'm planning to do.
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/adobe/f/crossgrade.htm

Mary in the UP til the hurricane season is over in FL

Board index Photography Technical Questions Running Photoshop in Windows format on an iMac?