Board index Photography Technical Questions How type of mout has this lens ?

Technical Questions

How type of mout has this lens ?

Discuss technical aspects of photography
kubidlo

How type of mout has this lens ?

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 am

Hi,
I bought few pieces of lens but I´m not sure for what kind of mount ?, could you help me ? thank you very much Petr

http://www.pbase.com/kubidlo/albinar

http://www.pbase.com/kubidlo/vivitar

http://www.pbase.com/kubidlo/focal_mc

http://www.pbase.com/kubidlo/focal_tele

ken_bat

Re: How type of mout has this lens ?

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:37 pm

The first lens (Alninar 28mm) is a Minolta MD mount as indicated by the "MD" on the aperture ring. It should fit on manual-focus Minolta cameras from the 60's, 70's and 80's. It will NOT fit on any Minolta auto-focus camera body (film or digital)

The second lens (Vivitar 28mm) is a Konica mount, as indicated by the "EE" on the aperture ring. This would be for Konica cameras from the 70's and 80's. It will NOT fit on any Konica-Minolta camera.

As far as the remaining (3rd and 4th) lenses, I don't know.
Hope the partial information helps.

Ken
Last edited by ken_bat on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kubidlo

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:39 am

Dear Ken,

thank you very much for helping

Regards
Petr

waggonerphotos

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:11 am

The third lens in your list, the Focal MC, is an earlier Minolta Manual Focus Mount.
The MC stands for meter coupled. Can't help with the last of these lenses :(
Bob Waggoner
Photographs comprise the communal memory of our times. (Unknown)

ken_bat

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:52 am

So....... it appears that that this request for information about some lenses carried an ulterior motive. Unlike before, clicking on these links now shows the fact that these lenses are for sale...and my "helpful" comments are copied word-for-word in this worm's description of the lens.

Just another reason not to trust anyone on the internet.

By the way, a word of advice to anyone foolish enough to think of purchasing any of these lenses... they are all of extremely poor quality and would not be worth using for anything more than target practice. Taking pictures with any of them... what a joke!

dang

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:49 am

ken_bat wrote:So....... it appears that that this request for information about some lenses carried an ulterior motive. Unlike before, clicking on these links now shows the fact that these lenses are for sale...and my "helpful" comments are copied word-for-word in this worm's description of the lens.

By the way, a word of advice to anyone foolish enough to think of purchasing any of these lenses... they are all of extremely poor quality and would not be worth using for anything more than target practice. Taking pictures with any of them... what a joke!

Hi Ken,
Petr is a nice person, I wouldn't be too hard on the motives. Everyone can't afford "Pro", and in many places people feel fortunate to find affordable lenses of any type. Less than best can sometimes render aesthetics which are pleasing, especially when used by those who have a better artistic eye than I. How else can we explain the popularity of Holga plastic cameras?

It's easy to understand your mistrust, but Petr seemed sincere in his "thanks". He's been on Pbase for some time now, and has galleries which I've often enjoyed browsing. Perhaps in this case, "you're welcome" might be a better response. You were good to give the ID's, hope you'll consider continuing your help. Don't let the bad apples spoil the bunch. :wink:

kubidlo

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:33 am

ken_bat wrote:So....... it appears that that this request for information about some lenses carried an ulterior motive. Unlike before, clicking on these links now shows the fact that these lenses are for sale...and my "helpful" comments are copied word-for-word in this worm's description of the lens.

Dear Ken,

I´d like to apologize you for usage of your annotation - I deleted this comment from my gallery

Regards Petr Brhel

ken_bat

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Dear Ken,

I´d like to apologize you for usage of your annotation - I deleted this comment from my gallery

Regards Petr Brhel

Thank you, Petr. Your apology is certainly accepted and I appreciate my descriptions being deleted from your gallery.

Sincerely,
Ken

Board index Photography Technical Questions How type of mout has this lens ?