Board index Photography Technical Questions Home Studio

Technical Questions

Home Studio

Discuss technical aspects of photography
mmurphy

Home Studio

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi, I was hoping someone could offer some advice/help. I am attempting to rig together a homestudio of sorts. Something I can break down and assemble when needed in my living room. I had space issues. (8ft ceilings) and and the room is roughly 15ft x 15ft. Does anyone have pics of their home studio that might help, or should I give it up!!! Thanks for any help. Martin

parpho

Re: Home Studio

Post Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Where there is a will there is a way. I used to work out of a studio space that was 10 feet sq. with a nine foot hall coming off one corner. Standing in the hall I could shoot corner to corner on the "far wall". Back drops were hung from permanent brackets to illiminate stands leaving just enough room for a three light set. Some lighting combos just could not be put in place but enough could to make it viable. I got rid of the furniture to make this work which is not sounding like a possibilty for you but could just be one more photo problem that needs solving. If you visit my galleries, the grads, Favourite Muse, Jade II and all the Modern Primitive stuff were shot in that space. Plus numerous other grads, portraits, engagement shots and wedding interviews. Go make some lemonade.
Michael

Board index Photography Technical Questions Home Studio