Board index Photography Technical Questions Pictures showing dust particles

Technical Questions

Pictures showing dust particles

Discuss technical aspects of photography
andy_guest

Pictures showing dust particles

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:31 pm

I am in a location that is very parched and very dusty, needless to say over time the camera has picked up dust which has come out on some of the pictures I have taken. I have used the Microsoft vista set up to paint the spots out but sometimes it will not match the colour so you are no better off. What is the best software for removing dust spots on the pcitures that just appear as black balls.
Also is there any good videos showing how to use the software to achieve perfect results as sometimes written instructions are hard to follow. So far I have been lucky and the dust particles have not shown up to badly on some of my pictures on http://www.pbase.com/andy_guest as I have managed to paint them out but feel they must be a better way of doing it. Yes I have now managed to get back to the real world again and managed to buy the tool to clean the sensor.
Any advice is most welcome, also what is the best stuff to clean hard to remove dust particles on the sensor.

Cheers

Andy

akeigher

Re: Pictures showing dust particles

Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:44 pm

andy_guest wrote:I am in a location that is very parched and very dusty, needless to say over time the camera has picked up dust which has come out on some of the pictures I have taken. I have used the Microsoft vista set up to paint the spots out but sometimes it will not match the colour so you are no better off. What is the best software for removing dust spots on the pcitures that just appear as black balls.
Also is there any good videos showing how to use the software to achieve perfect results as sometimes written instructions are hard to follow. So far I have been lucky and the dust particles have not shown up to badly on some of my pictures on http://www.pbase.com/andy_guest as I have managed to paint them out but feel they must be a better way of doing it. Yes I have now managed to get back to the real world again and managed to buy the tool to clean the sensor.
Any advice is most welcome, also what is the best stuff to clean hard to remove dust particles on the sensor.

Cheers

Andy

I generally use the clone or heal tool in photoshop to get rid of any dirt. They give the most natural corrections.

akmc_in_au

Re: Pictures showing dust particles

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:30 am

akeigher wrote:
andy_guest wrote:I am in a location that is very parched and very dusty, needless to say over time the camera has picked up dust which has come out on some of the pictures I have taken. I have used the Microsoft vista set up to paint the spots out but sometimes it will not match the colour so you are no better off. What is the best software for removing dust spots on the pcitures that just appear as black balls.

Cheers

Andy

I generally use the clone or heal tool in photoshop to get rid of any dirt. They give the most natural corrections.

This was indeed so... prior to the introduction of content aware fill in CS5 anyway. It can be a little hit and miss but when it hits... it hits.

Board index Photography Technical Questions Pictures showing dust particles