Board index Photography Technical Questions Panorama Head - which brand is best?

Technical Questions

Panorama Head - which brand is best?

Discuss technical aspects of photography
reflectionsbyruth

Panorama Head - which brand is best?

Post Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:38 am

I'm looking for ideas for Photo of the Year prizes over on Bytephoto.com since I am now the new owner as of Dec of 2009.
I've never really done panorama but thought it would be a great prize.
Never having done research on this type of product, I have no clue which to choose or even a company to go to.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ruth

rileypm

Re: Panorama Head - which brand is best?

Post Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:54 am

I have no suggestions, but I must congratulate you. Bytephoto.com appears to be a fun site.

reflectionsbyruth

Post Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:06 am

thanks, the POTQ prizes were somewhat easy, Canvas on Demand was the first company I asked and they said yes lol.
So want to come up with something that cost more than the 16x24 canvas and a different prize since all the POTQ finalists have already won the canvas.

Thats why I haven't posted as many photos to PBase lately, because I am busy doing art festivals on weekends and taking care of Byte duties during the week.
I'll have a back load of Autumn images I can finally go through to upload to Pbase during the Winter months (down time for festivals)

landscapedecor

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:17 am

Hi,
I use the Manfrotto QTVR head. It is quite expensive, but an excellent product.
Tip: Find the nodal point of your lens before attempting panoramic stitching. Perfect results are possible if you take the time to do this.
Cheers
Geoff

Board index Photography Technical Questions Panorama Head - which brand is best?