Board index Photography Technical Questions Best focal length for aerial photography

Technical Questions

Best focal length for aerial photography

Discuss technical aspects of photography
beady

Best focal length for aerial photography

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:38 am

What focal lengths do people use?

I've never had the chance before but now I'm about to go on holiday and I'd welcome people's advice.
Regards,
Bernard D
---------------------------------------
I'm not middle aged. I'm only 62.

parpho

Re: Best focal length for aerial photography

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Why not try an Aerial Photography search in the PBase search engine for a start?

moffetb

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:19 am

In my gallery, I just looked to see if there was a common range (gallery here: http://www.pbase.com/moffetb/aerial_photography )

It appears that I regularly use around 50 mm (with a crop-sensor camera) but have used as wide as 18 and as long as 250. Which pretty much describes my carry-around lens (a Tamron 18-250 Di II)

Brian

longbachnguyen

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 am

do you still need help with aerial photography...if you do please drop me an email and will help you.

www.pbase.com/longbachnguyen

flyboy

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:36 am

Hi;
What exactly do you mean by "aerial photography?" Photos from the air, air-to-air photos, or photos of airplanes in flight or on the ground, from the ground, at whatever vantage point we can wangle our way into? (Where most of us are, most of the time. :) )

I'd hate to go off on a long-winded explanation that is not in your area of interest.

Board index Photography Technical Questions Best focal length for aerial photography