Board index Photography Technical Questions Exif Data not showing up when posting

Technical Questions

Exif Data not showing up when posting

Discuss technical aspects of photography
loukay8

Exif Data not showing up when posting

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:50 pm

I continually get the error cannot find temp internet file when try to read my exit data from one of the photos I've posted to a web site. When I upload directly to the posting site my Exit data shows up.
Appreciate some advise.

Louie

dougj

Re: Exif Data not showing up when posting

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:36 am

It would help if you posted an example of your post to a website. Some websites have difficulty in parsing the metadata associated with a photo.

dw_thomas

Re: Exif Data not showing up when posting

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:47 pm

I continually get the error cannot find temp internet file when try to read my exit data from one of the photos I've posted to a web site. When I upload directly to the posting site my Exit data shows up.

You are being rather cryptic here -- a more detailed description, step by step, including source and destination of the files in question, what you are doing with them, and what you are using to do it with, might help us figure something out. As best I can tell, some portions of EXIF data are standardized and others are manufacturer specific which can open up an ongoing problem for third party software dealing with ever growing/changing "enhancements."

DaveT

Board index Photography Technical Questions Exif Data not showing up when posting