Board index Photography Technical Questions Aggregate Daily Page Reviews

Technical Questions

Aggregate Daily Page Reviews

Discuss technical aspects of photography
avhermes

Aggregate Daily Page Reviews

Post Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:16 am

Has anyone had the problem with the Aggregate Daily Page Reviews. Back in October, 2014 I had problems with viewing the daily page views which state "No Technical Data Available. I brought the attention to Technical Support and got a reply that they were experiencing problems but would have it fixed. I got a note back and said the problems were fixed but when I went to the statistic's page it worked for one day and then the problem reappeared where I told technical support it only worked properly for one day. After going back in forth the problem is fixed for the current daily view, but if I try to go back to prior dates and click on the date it is not able to display the images for prior dates. It only will display the current date like it is frozen.

I have gotten no further help from pbase so I am wondering if it is only my problem, plus I have used 3 different browsers and different computers and that has made no difference with this problem.

Any suggestions?
ah

dw_thomas

Re: Aggregate Daily Page Reviews

Post Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:56 pm

This forum is for "Discuss technical aspects of photography " and your question might be better posed in Questions and Answers which is for "Ask if you need help using PBase." But anyway, I believe there is still a problem, but a workaround of sorts has been discovered. Read through this thread: http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47871

The workaround, courtesy of vneilknobbe:

On the stats page, click and go to the stats for the root directory (that's a link at the top left corner).

Then from the root directory stats page, click on aggregate to go back to the daily stats page (TLC again).

After that it's possible to click on any day and see the stats for that individual day.

(some descriptive edits by Yours Truly since the originally intended graphics weren't available)

Probably some sort of initialization that gets missed on first start; an outcome of fixing something that didn't originally appear to be broken. :(

DaveT

avhermes

Post Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:57 am

When I open the pbase and login, I go to Profile on that page and click on it which brings me to another page that shows the total views and the option to view the statistic page (aggregate daily views) then I click on the View Statistics which brings me to the page that lists all the dates and the images viewed for those dates. I just cannot go back to a previous date to see what images were viewed on that particular date. I am wondering if pbase change how you navigate the page because the old way is not working for me.

dw_thomas

Post Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:29 am

When you get to that aggregate daily views page, if you do what I described (from that earlier thread), when you get back to the daily views page you will be able to click and see the stats for the other days. It is a workaround discovered by a PBase user. The stats functions should presumably not be the way they are, but it does allow you to circumvent the problem and see the data.

Note also, the function is not always very fast -- I've seen it take probably 20 to 30 seconds for the data to show, and there is no visible operator entertainment to show that it is doing something.

DaveT

Board index Photography Technical Questions Aggregate Daily Page Reviews