Board index Photography Technical Questions Not My Gallery

Technical Questions

Not My Gallery

Discuss technical aspects of photography
yabba

Not My Gallery

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:34 pm

When I delete an image, as I just did, and click to go back to the my gallery, I end up in someone else's gallery: dadoun - gallery. Is PBase still working on the new hardware?

dw_thomas

Re: Not My Gallery

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:10 pm

This section of these forums ("Photography") is labeled as being for "technical questions about photography," as such your series of questions is misplaced.

In the group of forums ("PBase") above these, there is a thread running in the "News" segment about things happening as a result of the recent system changes. There are also some discussions in the "Questions and Answers" segment: https://forum.pbase.com/viewforum.php?f ... 6c7c2f2721
That said, there are some known problems with uploads regarding sequencing and EXIF data, as well as some other things. I would suggest first reading the news thread about the changes and problems being reported: https://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f ... cc36d9ce38 and if you don't see your difficulties listed, add your findings. Winding up in another user's space sounds as though there is a database corruption in play.

The performance on this site has undergone a major improvement, so we may see some good things once the wrinkles are ironed out. Unfortunately for us mere users, an overhaul of the magnitude that has apparently happened is seldom as seamless as we might hope. In those other threads there have been responses from both "slug" and "Emily" who are the founders of PBase, so I'm hopeful we may be entering a new era.

Note: I'm just a long time customer; not a PBase staff person!
DaveT

yabba

Re: Not My Gallery

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Thank you DaveT.

Board index Photography Technical Questions Not My Gallery