Board index Photography Artistic Questions Which of these three is the best?

Artistic Questions

Which of these three is the best?

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
thatcherphotography

Which of these three is the best?

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:56 pm

Should I use it for an art show / contest?
Last edited by thatcherphotography on Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

thatcherphotography

or should I use this one?

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:01 pm

thatcherphotography

?

Post Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:05 pm

Which of the three is the best and why?

brickfielder

Post Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:57 pm

The first one. There plenty going on and the are a number of colours which particulalry compliment each other. The second one is a little busy with the stones to the left, its also of sothing I can recognise so it feels a little odd at that angle. The third one seems a little over exposed in some areas but I think it is that it has less form, the colours are not so rich and the colours compliment each other just a little better.

It is all subjective and I guess someone else may think differently but the first one keeps my attention more.

pascale_b

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:50 pm

I like the first one . Very dynamic. But it all depends on what kind of contest, what kind of mood, as I almost prefer the third one, more abstract, calmer and homogeieity of colours....How on earth do you do that?

gordon_b

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:43 pm

I also like the first one the best, with the third one second and the second one last. That's clear eh?

The first and third are as if they're taken by a different photographer from the second one. Number one actually kinda reminds me of those old posters showing exotic locations, very Art Deco I think.

Gordon.

liloo

Post Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:15 am

i like the second=Super!!=)

justanotherconcussion

Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:44 am

I would have to choose the second

pba33

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:10 pm

According to me second picture is so good than other two picture because
this picture is represented the new technology by which can become so power ful.

gregbergquist

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:16 am

This is a perfect example of the subjectiveness of interpretation. I am drawn to the first one because of the incredilble movement you have captured. But I am sure others could be drawn to the other two because they are all fine pictures. I think the most important question is: Which one do you like best?

junglejuice

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:27 am

Brickfielder, the second image looks to me like a railway carriage suspension and track etc it just needs to be rotated to the left by 90 degrees......
I like the firs one except for what appears to be haloing around the subjects, I assume that this is an artifact from HDR proccessing????

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Which of these three is the best?