Board index Photography Artistic Questions Some of my work....whats your opinion

Artistic Questions

Some of my work....whats your opinion

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
mmkv

Some of my work....whats your opinion

Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:50 pm

http://www.pbase.com/mmkv/matt

Here are a few of my galleries would love to hear some constructive criticism on what I am doing right and what I could work on. Please feel free to leave any comments you may have.

Cheers

brickfielder

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:43 am

Looks good to me. Composition looks fine and I particularly like the H2O shots.

jacklouis

Post Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:34 am

What you're doing right: You're both gifted photographers and excellent photo-artists!
You both seek dramatic imagery with deep shadows & a great depth of field. At times your images seem to be losing too much detail in the shadows & are displaying a bit too much contrast. However that may be more of a stylistic preference rather than a technical issue.
Your galleries are absolutely wonderful. What an interesting place to photograph - Nova Scotia!

markcas

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:18 pm

Very nice!

azato

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:29 am

I think your galleries (you and Kim) do look great. The only comment I have is in regards to your landscape shots - they all look wonderful, as good a I have seen in magazines in books. To me there is a need to have a twist, or hook or drama to set your stuff apart. I am not so much advocating that a person has to pull out a personal style that is permeates of all his work, but I think for your work (which is good) to be set apart from A LOT of other good photographers shooting the same scenes - the same lighthouses - the same beaches - you may want to think of something that will stylistically set you apart and still be good art (and not merely a gimmick). To me, that is what makes landscape photography SO difficult, and probably explains why I don't do a lot of it.

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Some of my work....whats your opinion