Board index Photography Artistic Questions Take your shot at this

Artistic Questions

Take your shot at this

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
mdlempert

Take your shot at this

Post Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:14 am

I took this picture awhile back and thought I might be able to make something of it. I think I've failed. I've never been very good at this, so I'm wondering what others might be able to do with it. So please tell me if it's hopeless - or, copy it and show me what you can do. The first picture is the original and the second picture is one attempt of mine using Photoshop.
Regards, Mike L.

One attempt...

mdlempert

Re: Take your shot at this

Post Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:29 am

Converted to black and white.

sheila

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:12 am

Sorry, Mike, but I cannot see anything interesting in the pic. If there had been something, say a cat, sitting in one of the windows, it would have at a subject of interest. At the moment, it just a set of windows without an interesting focal point.

Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

gemmf

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:41 pm

sheila wrote:Sorry, Mike, but I cannot see anything interesting in the pic. If there had been something, say a cat, sitting in one of the windows, it would have at a subject of interest. At the moment, it just a set of windows without an interesting focal point.

Sheila

Yeah, I agree. Personally I don't think it's a good idea to 'rescue' or 'make something out of' the image by altering it in Photoshop. I'd say go back and shoot again, but be more creative next time. Good luck! :)

mdlempert

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:49 pm

Okay, so it needs a cat in the window. Hmmm, so that ghost doesn't work well ? Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

pinemikey

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 am

mdlempert wrote:Okay, so it needs a cat in the window. Hmmm, so that ghost doesn't work well ? Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

A cat makes it quaint, not necessarily any good.

I tried this:

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Take your shot at this