Board index Photography Artistic Questions Photo Retouching, what was used here?

Artistic Questions

Photo Retouching, what was used here?

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
gpaai

Photo Retouching, what was used here?

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi There,

I found these before and after images on a Photoshop Retouching site. This web site wants $200.00 for a DVD explaining how to do the retouch. That is just a little steep for my wallet at the moment so I though I would see if any fellow PBasers might know if there is a filter/plug-in that changed the skin tones. I pretty much have a handle on things like the eyes and getting rid of the elbow scar. I just need to figure out the skin.

Thanks for any help...

http://www.digitalphotoshopretouching.com/
I love photoshopography.......

soenda

Re: Photo Retouching, what was used here?

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:09 pm

I may be missing something, but the photo on the right looks as if it has been partially desaturated. I suppose a light layer of blue or gray might have been blended in, something down at 5 or 10%. You certainly don't need a $200 DVD to get the same look, just a photo editor that enables you to play around with saturation. On PaintShop Pro, for example, it's simply a matter of pulling down one adjustment slider. And you can get PaintShop Pro for a fraction of $200.

genghis45

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:27 am

soenda wrote:I may be missing something, but the photo on the right looks as if it has been partially desaturated. I suppose a light layer of blue or gray might have been blended in, something down at 5 or 10%. You certainly don't need a $200 DVD to get the same look, just a photo editor that enables you to play around with saturation. On PaintShop Pro, for example, it's simply a matter of pulling down one adjustment slider. And you can get PaintShop Pro for a fraction of $200.

**********************************************************************************

You're right on the money.

dougj

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:31 am

Soenda nailed it, add some sharpening and it's finished.

shammiverma

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:09 pm

check this

http://www.pbase.com/shammiverma/image/98203436

simple.

Copy the 'Subject image' in new layer (select and press Ctrl + j)
add new layer similar to 'subject' size, fill white, style/mode colour, opacity 65
goto subject layer, do some contrasting (+15)

DONE !!

I hope this will work for you.

Shammi Verma

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Photo Retouching, what was used here?