Artistic Questions

Edit dillema

Discuss style and artistic aspects of photography
mnl

Edit dillema

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:24 pm

IMO, each has street-shot merit.
4 are too many for my blog
So, it's partly a which-do-you-like? question.

But also post "similar" multiple photos that you also can't choose from.

All M8. Mostly 28 2.5 Elmarit http://www.pbase.com/mnl/photo_diary

bclaypole

Re: Edit dillema

Post Fri May 01, 2009 2:07 am

#1 IMHO. Got face, interest in what he's carrying - real or fake. Bystander reaction adds to the composition.
#2 Too graphic and subject too small.
#3 Same as #2
#4 Same as #2

mnl

Post Fri May 01, 2009 9:45 pm

bclaypole wrote:#1 IMHO. Got face, interest in what he's carrying - real or fake. Bystander reaction adds to the composition.
#2 Too graphic and subject too small.
#3 Same as #2
#4 Same as #2

Thanks. This gets me started. IMO, #1 is the keeper. And I agree with you about #2, though for me, it's really a matter of who cares about naked dead pigs?
I like #3 because the scale has potential. Not for an internet posting where it doesn't work, but of all these, this is the one I'd have super-size printed and hung on the wall. Just a normal day on a city street with a guy with some pigs. Similar reasoning with #4, though riskier.
All M8. Mostly 28 2.5 Elmarit http://www.pbase.com/mnl/photo_diary

chestersgallery

Post Sun May 17, 2009 6:04 pm

#2 for me

soenda

Post Wed May 20, 2009 5:38 am

No. 2 for me as well. That's a photo that makes you sit up and take notice. Unless, of course, your blog readership is particularly sensitive to, or offended by, shock.

If you want to post more than one photo, I'd go with No.s 1 and 2. In the first, the man with the pigs is on the viewer's left. In the second, on the viewer's right. Showing them together will create a sense of passage through time and space.

maresphotos

Post Sun May 24, 2009 11:35 am

I like # 3 . The composition is very pleasing. The lines of the street lead directly to the subject. Then you get a close look at the subject and are surprised. It's not a "in your face " effect, which I like for this subject.

Board index Photography Artistic Questions Edit dillema