Board index Equipment Printers What Printer would you Get?

Printers

What Printer would you Get?

fishgal

What Printer would you Get?

Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:51 pm

I have a Hp 7450 Photosmart, which seems a nice enough printer but it won't allow me or photoshop to color manage it, so i'm in the market for a replacement printer that i can get a good color management in Photoshop with (i guess one that comes with a good profile).

Any suggestions? It's for some photo retouching prints and proofing other print projects.

Thanks for ur help in advance...

artesia

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:03 am

you may want to try out Epson's printer, like R800 or R1800.
they are top notch!

nzmalamute

re what printer

Post Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:08 am

I agree about the R800 ,I have one and i am useing the MS digital suite for printing but use PS for any editing.I also use Fujifilm paper,much cheaper than Epson paper

talleyfamilyphotography

Post Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:04 am

Third vote for the R800 or R1800. Top notch. Excellent profile support from Epson. Recently printed out a photo on the printer and sent the same exact file to a couple of photo labs. Colors, contrast, etc. were spot on.

nzmalamute

Post Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:35 am

I looked at a few reviews of the R800 before i bought it,liked what i saw .I would like to get the R1800 sometime.I mucked up an 830U useing refills,well at least i THINK i mucked it up,had nothing but trouble with it anyway.I had an Epson 880 before that,now it WAS another nice printer.
And after i had started to use the MS digital suite program,now that was when printouts started to take my breath away.I am into taking photos of dogs and printing them out,so useing the Fujifilm paper really does make things a lot cheaper for me,I get the cartridges at trade price as well (NZ$20)

Board index Equipment Printers What Printer would you Get?