Board index Equipment Printers Problems installing a C.I.S

Printers

Problems installing a C.I.S

artharris

Problems installing a C.I.S

Post Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:11 am

I have recently bought a C.I.S for my Epson 1160. The first profile tests went well and the new profiles worked well at first, but before I had finished testing them, the black cartridge stopped working. It wasn't a blockage, but the cartridge had come loose, losing its vacuum. The supplier sent another, which did exactly the same thing, but much sooner.
There cartridges are no held down as are the standard Epson cartridges, the clip having been removed to allow space for the ink tubes.
Has anybody else had this experience and what is the cure.

websnail

Re: Problems installing a C.I.S

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:16 pm

artharris wrote:the clip having been removed to allow space for the ink tubes.

Sounds to me like you're right.. If there's nothing actually holding down the cartridges and maintaining an air tight seal then your cartridges will ride up, lose the seal and either stop feeding or leak.

I couldn't be 100% but I'd try putting something between the tops of the cartridges and the cartridge lid to push down the cartridges.. You may need to tape the lid to stop it popping up but I'd imagine that's all you could do.

Replacing the kit is obviously another option but I'm guessing you don't want to go that route unless you absolutely need to.

Best of luck...

meysinopis

Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:26 am

There cartridges are no held down as are the standard Epson cartridges, the clip having been removed to allow space for the ink tubes.
Has anybody else had this experience and what is the cure.[/quote]

Please change a new prefilled cartridge. i think your prefilled cartridge is too old , so the original lid isnot fit in the prefilled cartridges.

websnail

Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:59 am

artharris wrote:I have recently bought a C.I.S for my Epson 1160. The first profile tests went well and the new profiles worked well at first, but before I had finished testing them, the black cartridge stopped working. It wasn't a blockage, but the cartridge had come loose, losing its vacuum. The supplier sent another, which did exactly the same thing, but much sooner.

I don't know that particular printer myself but the key is as you say to getting an air tight seal so the ink doesn't get replaced with air.

The fact that the clips are deliberately removed is a major design flaw as you've found out so your options are limited to trying to push the cartridges down as best you can.

Use of padding above the cartridges, etc... is going to be the only way to resolve it but the key thing will be to ensure that you apply the pressure in the right place. So take particular note of where the ink ports (exits) on the cartridges are and try to apply the pressure directly above.

As noted elsewhere you may need to tape the cartridge holder in the closed position to hold it in place..

Either way you're looking at a lot of experimentation and the need for patience.

Small note: You'll also need to be sure that you've removed a lot of the air from your cartridges (BUT NOT ALL!) so that air bubbles don't cause the equivalent of a clog. Usually the best way to do this is re-prime the cartridge/tube for each cartridge using a vaccum pump.. Various CIS manufacturers provide these...

At the end of the day you have a flawed CIS design so I'd seriously weight up the option of getting a new printer and CIS against the time, frustration, etc.. spent trying to get this to work.. Whatever you decide.. best of luck!

Board index Equipment Printers Problems installing a C.I.S