Board index Equipment Printers InkRepublic.com C88 Continuous Ink System? anyone tried it?

Printers

InkRepublic.com C88 Continuous Ink System? anyone tried it?

tustinbaker

InkRepublic.com C88 Continuous Ink System? anyone tried it?

Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:54 am

I am finally convinced by friends to use such device, well part of the reason is the expensive cartridges

not for my expensive epson R2400, but start from cheap C88 -

InkRepublic.com Epson C88 continuous ink system
http://www.inkrepublic.com/ProductDetail.asp?item=C88

any people has tried this yet?

I want to grab the chance to get 15% TODAY... plz help.
http://www.inkrepublic.com/special.asp

tks!

P.S. I am not interested in Chinese spammers / products, pls do not spam here. as this forum has been flooded by Chinese spammers coming directly from China. this really upsets people.

nzmalamute

re

Post Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:36 pm

I ruined an epson 830U with refills so i am certainly not going to risk ruining my beaut R800 and i agree about these lowlife spammers

darley

Continuous Ink

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:05 am

We've been testing a bunch of those continuous ink systems for potential resale, but not the C88 system. They are much more complex than they seem - and rather expensive. Only worthwhile to fool around with if you do a lot of printing. A Lot. Better to experiment with cheaper replacement ink cartridges. We got great results on ink cartridges for the Epson C86 from http://www.vibrantink.com. I don't know if they carry the C88 since that is a new printer. The entire set of replacements is only about $15., so you'd have to go through a lot of ink to make it worth buying a continuous ink system for more than $150- and you still have to buy the ink, prime it, figure out how to use it and make sure you use enough ink that it doesn't dry out and go bad on you.

We've been buying the older model printers like the c86 and the generic inks and it is very reasonable - we buy the cartridges in bulk.
Darley

tustinbaker

Epson C88 Continuous Ink system

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:44 am

darley wrote:We've been testing a bunch of those continuous ink systems for potential resale, but not the C88 system. They are much more complex than they seem - and rather expensive.

That's true. My friend has InkRepublic C86 system, he said he spent around 200 on it, but has generated more than $500 value from it. Furthermore, keep printing without any interruption is quite important to him cuz he prints a lot of flyers. somewhere around 100 pages/day. it's pain in the butt if he needs to change or refill cartridges 4 times a day.

Likewise, I believe the beginner/novice won't be able to install it even if they do buy it regardless of how easy the directions are. and even more difficult is the trouble shooting. also, the initial calibration will frustrate even the most advanced beginner/novice.

I've done some research on most continuous ink systems, the sponged one and auto-balance bottle system are the one I am trying to avoid as they do not do any good job on nozzle check as well as the flow control and would lead to waste more time, effort and money just like what you said.

Since InkRepublic is the only one offering epson C88 system so far and my friend's great experience toward their system encourage me to get one for testing. I have ordered one InkRepublic C88 system and I can post you all later.

tustinbaker

Re: re

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:54 am

nzmalamute wrote:I ruined an epson 830U with refills so i am certainly not going to risk ruining my beaut R800 and i agree about these lowlife spammers

1. Refill cartridge would ruin your printer sooner or later, that's why I am heading to Continuous Ink System as it is spongless and doesnt need to be refilled which can avoid air getting into nozzles. (this is based on what I have researched online)

2. I would start from epson C88 with InkRepublic.com system too, not gonna touch expensive one so far.

3. I think everybody is equal here, chinese, american ...etc. those chinese spammers just try to make some money for living. they do not care if they make our lives tougher here. so sad!

tustinbaker

InkRepublic.com Epson C88 CIS

Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:15 am

I just got InkRepublic C88 ink system. The first impression is good. System looks very professional. packed well too. I will do my pilot run this weekend.

tustinbaker

InkRepublic Epson C88 continuous ink system CIS pictures

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:10 am

Finally got the chance and had it installed in my Epson C88.
everything works smoothly so far. Prints are awesome!
Bravo!!! InkRepublic.com!!!

http://www.pbase.com/tustinbaker/inkrep ... ink_system

rogermabon

2 rubbert feets on the printer?

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:15 pm

what is that?

tustinbaker

Re: 2 rubbert feets on the printer?

Post Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:57 am

rogermabon wrote:what is that?

those two rubber feet are to support the printer cover, you can close down the cover when printing. This can prevent printer from dust.

tustinbaker

no spam here

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:49 pm

fred, please please do not spam pbase. It's been spamed by chinese all over the forums. I believe your ink system may be good for some low level users, but the way you promoted your products is totally clueless.

I am using InkRepublic.com's C88 system. I will go to their wide format like R1800 or R2400 soon. This thread is about InkRepublic CISS, not yours.

[moderator note:] The post of Fred that is being referred to in this post has been deleted because it was judged as spam.

tustinbaker

Re: no spam here

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:09 am

[moderator note:] The post of Fred that is being referred to in this post has been deleted because it was judged as spam.[/quote]

moderator, many thanks!
what a great relief! Chinese spammers really need to respect people here.

cocoa_apple

InkRepublic C88 CIS

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:57 pm

Tustin,

I came cross to this thread by searching on the Internet as the keyword of C88 CIS.

I am very interested in this system, but have some questions -

1. Epson's C88 is using DuraBrite, how about InkRepublic's? Did you compare the printout with Epson's?

2. Have you calculated the page yield from 100ml*4 ink? how much you could save from InkRepublic's C88 CIS system?

3. What's the different between other CIS and InkRepublic's?

thx!

tustinbaker

Re: InkRepublic C88 CIS

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:16 am

cocoa,

sorry, I have not checked this forum for a while.
InkRepublic's ink is called ultra pigment. the prints look good to me.
I did not count the page yield, but I got to tell you, it can produce so much more than epson's cartridge.

if you want to try InkRepublic's CIS, yes, go ahead. it's a good CIS.

cocoa_apple wrote:Tustin,

I came cross to this thread by searching on the Internet as the keyword of C88 CIS.

I am very interested in this system, but have some questions -

1. Epson's C88 is using DuraBrite, how about InkRepublic's? Did you compare the printout with Epson's?

2. Have you calculated the page yield from 100ml*4 ink? how much you could save from InkRepublic's C88 CIS system?

3. What's the different between other CIS and InkRepublic's?

thx!

cocoa_apple

Re: InkRepublic C88 CIS

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:27 am

tustin, thank you. I have purchased InkRepublic's CIS. I will let you know if I have any questions. thx.

websnail

Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:52 am

Re: the original topic..

I've tried the C86 version of the I.R. in the D88 (which is the UK version of the C88). I've been assured that the only difference in kits was the chips so the overall review wouldn't be altered by that small fact.

Basically I've not had a particularly enjoyable experience with it.

Primarily the biggest problem I hit was that the ink posts (where you install the dampers onto) are actually thinner than the C86 model and as a result the dampers are very insecure and tilt all over the place. This caused some leakage (promptly caught thankfully) with the primary problem being that the CIS loop wasn't airtight and ink fails to flow properly to the head (not good).

I've also never been a great fan of the "try it and see" tubing setup which is always an issue with I.R. kits and one that still frustrates..

There are a few points here:
http://www.continuousink.info/forum/vie ... 3490#33490
...that I may have missed above.

The overall result has been that whilst I can print using the system I've often had to run cleaning routines to re-prime the heads and/or tweak the whole system to get it running more reliably. Inevitably it'll start printing with banding after a few full colour/page printouts.

So, ultimately, as far as the D88 goes I've decided to convert it to use a home brew system using the spongeless dampers which are available from MIS associates (sourced elsewhere though)..

Of course, this is just my own personal experience so take it with a pinch of salt.. Hope it helps..

Next

Board index Equipment Printers InkRepublic.com C88 Continuous Ink System? anyone tried it?