Board index Equipment Printers Help with Epson R220

Printers

Help with Epson R220

lloydchristmas

Help with Epson R220

Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:53 am

Trying to install a continuous ink system on the epson R220. Followed instructions and when powering on the printer after new cartridges/ink is hooked up, paper jam and ink red lights flash continuously. Don't know what's wrong or what to do. Any ideas? Thanks a million...

gogodol

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:55 am

I also use this printer with custom ink bottle, but nothing going wrong with my printer. Maybe you have to make sure if the ink tank of that printer can move free. Try to move by your hand the printer ink tank at the change cardridge position.

Hope this help.
Summary of Digital Camera
http://digicam.kamera-digital.com

tustinbaker

Re: Help with Epson R220

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:07 am

lloydchristmas wrote:Trying to install a continuous ink system on the epson R220. Followed instructions and when powering on the printer after new cartridges/ink is hooked up, paper jam and ink red lights flash continuously. Don't know what's wrong or what to do. Any ideas? Thanks a million...

The faulty chip wold lead to the red light flashing. Or your printer could not read the chipset.

kilgor

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 pm

This is an email concerning the abuse of the consumer with the epson corp.
They make a series of printers R200-R220 that are CD/DVD and paper printers.
These printers have a built-in wear out in the softwear that makes them malfuction after a certain number of prints, designed to happen usually after the warranty runs out. The repair of the printer (which is just a minor cleaning and a board reset) costs more than the printer and forces the owner to purchase a new printer. The printer also can detect when you use after market inks or recharge Epson cartridges. It will mal-function (strictly a board or software issue)and shutdown forcing a repair that is costly and more than the printer is worth. I have gone through 5 of these printers in 1 year. Epson has been nothing but a hassle to deal with, refusing to repair 2 of them under warranty, repairing one of them under free warranty for $75.00, which broke down 2 months later, and they then refused to repair it. Epson is running a scam on the consumer that needs to be announced and ended. They need to be asked about why will not offer a reset program to people who have printers out of warranty and do not want to pay to have them repaired or why the repair is so expensive. There are plenty of us who can do the repairs ourselves. I am forced to use this equipment being that it is the only cd/dvd printing equipment on the market. The printers are not breaking, they print perfectly fine till the internal softwear shuts them down, no noises, no problems, they just give a warning message or blinking lights and stop printing. You cannot use them at all after that. I have HP printers which have worked for 10-12 years, these printers should work as well but they are programmed to break down.
This warrants an investigation and it is not only happening to me. You sell Epson printers including the R220, you are part of this scam and are taking part in ripping off the consumer every time you sell one of these printers. You need to ask Epson why their printers are breaking so often and why they are not honoring their warranty. Epson is not an honorable company and is perpetuating a major scam on the public.

samsite999

Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:03 pm

sorry im actualy on the floor here im crying with lafter. ok then the printers actualy do have a print counter this mesuers how meny prints you have done and the type, if you take apart the printer you will actulay see a set of porus pads these soke up the ink when the printer runs a cleaning cycle after a wile these will become saturated and no longer soke up the ink, this has been tested and after a set number of prints the printer will report a service is needed and refuce to print, this is to stop ink p*&^* over your desk and getting in to more important areas of the printer. more to the point if you actualy do some work and google you should come accross a utility called SSC utility whcih can actualy rest the printer so you can perfor this your self, im happey to provide you with this software. Trust me i worked for epson for years........

cissfromchina

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:43 pm

believe that is chip and ink counter problem.
first download SSC 4.1 software to clear ink counter to ZERO.
then test gain. if still donot work, change to a new set of auto reset chip.

websnail

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:26 pm

samsite999 wrote:sorry im actualy on the floor here im crying with lafter. ok then the printers actualy do have a print counter this mesuers how meny prints you have done and the type, if you take apart the printer you will actulay see a set of porus pads these soke up the ink when the printer runs a cleaning cycle after a wile these will become saturated and no longer soke up the ink, this has been tested and after a set number of prints the printer will report a service is needed and refuce to print, this is to stop ink p*&^* over your desk and getting in to more important areas of the printer. more to the point if you actualy do some work and google you should come accross a utility called SSC utility whcih can actualy rest the printer so you can perfor this your self, im happey to provide you with this software. Trust me i worked for epson for years........

Oh I laughed too but one thing that Epson could do and I'd hazzard they deliberately haven't, is to make it a whole lot easier for the waste pads to be replaced.

As it is, the waste pads require a full jig to remove and replace whereas a little careful design work would make it easy enough to create a waste ink tank with indicator to allow a user to just open up the printer and empty the tank.

Instead it's cheaper to buy a new printer and start over again and the printer ends up on the landfill..

So in the sense that Epson are needlessly forcing users to replace their printers or endure costly servicing for what is essentially a simple task and you could successfully argue that Epson are playing a "clever" game..

Not quite the conspiracy but not exactly helping anyone either.. :evil:
Continuous Ink Supply system reviews, support, etc..
http://www.continuousink.info/

samsite999

Post Tue May 02, 2006 10:54 am

You make a fair point. If it wasnt for the fact that epson sell there printers at cost or on ocasions lower than cost. they make there money back on the ink and services. The design could be easyer for consumers to do the work. But if you were epson would you do that? Although i think that the prices they charge for the catrages is way over the top and i would never pay that i can understands the reasons why. after all said and done they do make very good printers cheeply. Im lucky anoth to have the knolage to be able to resolve the errors my self but i can understand why people get upset when they have to take it to a dealer

samsite999

Post Tue May 02, 2006 10:59 am

kilgor> I can only see one reason why your printers were not coverd under the warrinty. With the amound of page count/ink reset errors you are having that would indercate you are printing well over the expected/warrinted duity cycle for the printers. This is included in the specification of the printer. It also comes of sutible use of the printer. In my opinon you are doing well over the expected run scycle of the printers

Board index Equipment Printers Help with Epson R220