Board index Equipment Printers Epson 2200 prints green

Printers

Epson 2200 prints green

mcgunny

Epson 2200 prints green

Post Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:17 pm

I know you folks out there could solve my problem. The printer prints everything mostly green. I have tried all sorts of combinations without success. Any ideas? Thanks

rickl52

Re: Epson 2200 prints green

Post Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:02 pm

mcgunny wrote: The printer prints everything mostly green. I have tried all sorts of combinations without success.

There's no way for anyone to even take a guess without some knowledge of how you're trying to print and what combinations of what things you've tried. For example, is this a new phenomenon or is this a new printer/computer combination for you? Are you sure your monitor is giving you real colors before you even get to printing? Which program is handling the printing? Are you using the Epson inks and papers? Are you able to proof the images with the printer's profile before printing? etc, etc, etc...

Rick

samsite999

Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:57 pm

It could be any number of issues, i used to work with epson on the support team, things that can make a diff are : paper, kodac paper is terable, heads, possably heads blocked, non gen inks, i wouldnt of though you would use non gens for this printer though. The only other killer is the gray ballincing, have you done this?

tomfrizelle

Post Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:42 pm

I used to work for Kodak, and I can tell you the Kodak Professional paper works very well on this printer, but only if you use the correct profile and color management setup. If you're trying to use the Kodak paper such as Ultima, it won't work well on the 2200 because of the pigmented inks. No swellable polymer paper works well on pigmented inks regardless of manufacturer because pigmented inks sit more on the surface instead of being absorbed into the media like dyes inks

It sounds mostly like a driver setting, probably a mismatch between the paper type loaded and what you have selected in the print driver. Start with mcgunny's suggestions/questions, he's on the right track.

Board index Equipment Printers Epson 2200 prints green