Board index Equipment Printers CIS for my C67 ?

Printers

CIS for my C67 ?

chriso69

CIS for my C67 ?

Post Tue May 16, 2006 1:18 pm

Hi all

I want to print a lot of pages, hmm say about,,, 2 to 3 thousand pages ( articles and books ) in black or gray scale, mainly txt and maybe some illustration or photos(quality not important, but must be readable).

I have a epson c67 just purchased(my gf actually).

would it be a good idea to purchase a CIS system like this one from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Epson-ink-cartri ... dZViewItem

or get second hand laser printer from ebay ? .. any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

dougj

Post Tue May 16, 2006 5:03 pm

2-3 thousand pages sounds like a lot, but for a printer it isn’t. The high capacity black cartridge for that printer is rated at something like 400-450 pages, so it would require approx. 7 cartridges, depending on the amount of text/photos per page. IMO I don’t think it is necessary to install a CIS for this.

Should you want to print all or most of these at one time, one alternative to consider is to put the documents on a CD or flash drive and have them printed a copy center, if there is one nearby.

samsite999

Post Wed May 17, 2006 8:37 am

Sorry if you put c67 though 2-3 thousand pages i beleve your probably going to be calling there support line at some point. Best bet would be to get a cheep color laser printer, your only looking at £150 for them. Or even better get it done by a printers. If you do deside to use the c67, break it up in to batches as the printer will slow after 200+ pages......Ill check but it was a issue in the C80 range and they all basicly use the same print engin. After a preset amount of pages it will start to print slowly to keep the printer cool

yl2000cn

Post Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:54 am

[quote="dougj"] IMO I don’t think it is necessary to install a CIS for this.

CIS is cheap, you will save a lot of money anyway.

but speaking of speed, how could inkjet compare the laserjet? :o

Board index Equipment Printers CIS for my C67 ?