Board index Equipment Printers cannon i9900 colors off?

Printers

cannon i9900 colors off?

ulaoulao

cannon i9900 colors off?

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:53 pm

Ok this has been an ongoing attempt to get my i9900 to work like it did on day one.

I now have a new head, new cannon ink, new drivers, and a fresh system install (xp). I take a picture with a digital cam, and get a near perfect match on my Nec monitor. Now I totally understand from camera to monitor to paper it’s not going to be a perfect match! But the image being printed looks like a picture 15 years old. The colors are just gloomy looking. I tried the photo settings and photo glossy paper but still just not what it was when I first had the printer. What I really want to know is how do you calibrate a printer. Also does it really matter what app I print fomr. Will adobe do better then paint? An image is an image right?

I'm photo dumb, but tech savy.

sanhodo

Post Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:31 am

Hi. There is a Canon board on Yahoo. You might get some help there. I suppose you've already run head cleaning check and so on?

ulaoulao

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:39 am

yes I did, I'll try yahoo thx.

pmerutka

Color off

Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:17 pm

Long articles and books have been written on color management for proper printing output. When dealing with color matching and control, what program you are using can make a big difference. An image is an image, but programs are different. Programs control what data and how data is sent to the printer driver.

A few things to look into:
1. Run a nozzle check to make sure all the colors are printing properly.
2. Are you sure your monitor is properly color calibrated?
3. When you reloaded the printer drivers did you make sure the ICC profiles under Color management are set up the same as when you got good results.
4. Make sure that only your program or only your printer driver controls the printer profiles and color management. Otherwise they will "fight" each other.

Board index Equipment Printers cannon i9900 colors off?