Board index Equipment Printers Help with Epson R1800 and 2200

Printers

Help with Epson R1800 and 2200

minikitten

Help with Epson R1800 and 2200

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:04 pm

I have an Epson 2200 printer, which I have been using to print on vellum for ink jet printers. When this printer died last week and I was waiting for a warranty replacement, I tried printing vellum with my R1800. It did not seem to recognize the paper. Anybody know any tricks around this? The Epson site says that the R1800 cannot print on transparency paper but nothing about vellum. I don't know what many of the paper choices mean such as gloss, etc. but would assume that if a printer can print on photo paper it can also print on vellum.
Meanwhile my replacement 2200 will not print vellum! In different trials, it will print part of the image and stop.
Please help. I just joined and have nothing to show but questions.

tomfrizelle

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:13 pm

If I remember correctly, vellum is more of a translucent than transparent paper. It's possible that it doesn't reflect enough for sensors to "see" it. You could try using some white masking tape along the lead edge of the paper to make it opaque. I'm not sure that will fix the problem, but it's a place to start.

scraperfect

Post Tue May 29, 2007 1:15 am

Here's a test to try:

1. Print on normal inkjet paper.
2. Cut a piece of vellum to size to just cover the words.
3.Temporarily adhere it to the paper with tape, tape runner or repositionable spray adhesive.
4. Send it back thru the printer sdo the words will reprint in the exact same spot, but this time it will be on the vellum.

If it works, you've fooled a sensor into thinking you're printing on inkjet paper. IF you need a whole sheet of vellum, you could try to tape the to a legal size paper and set it down an inch or two and create a larger margin. This way, the sensor will not see the vellum at the top. and tell it you are printing on legal paper.

Also, try adhering it to inkjet paper. It might just be a weight issue.

Finally, for lots of tips and trick about printing and using vellum and other challenging materials, you might want to google: "The Perfect Printing Pouch".

Board index Equipment Printers Help with Epson R1800 and 2200