Board index Equipment Printers Epson R1800 printing (wide) magenta bands

Printers

Epson R1800 printing (wide) magenta bands

almeck

Epson R1800 printing (wide) magenta bands

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:46 am

I have a brand new Epson R1800, which I hope to use for good quality, wide format inkjet printing. In fiddling around with it at first, I’m just printing 6x4 glossy prints (on Epson premium glossy paper). Approximately 75% (as measured from the end of the paper that goes into the printer first) of my landscape-formatted test shot prints fine. After this point, however, three faint (but really annoying, and unacceptable!) magenta “bandsâ€

moonseye

Post Wed May 02, 2007 2:55 pm

Reading the above, look at the CPU and Memory usage (download Free Meter) and it will show visibly on your task bar if these two go into the red at the time of the markings when using CS2 and MSpaint.

http://www.tiler.com/freemeter/

This might be your problem or simply a bit of head cleaning, that is the usual reason for getting banding.

Hope it helps

moonseye

peterhuppertz

Post Tue May 22, 2007 9:18 pm

I had the same problem. Drove me mad for days. Banding at every print head pass, most clearly visible in monochrome or duotone prints, in the middle grays - and worse at the bottom of the (portrait) print (the part that came out of the printer last.

I don't know how much ink I've spilled in nozzle cleaning, head realigning and whatnot. When I couldn't get it to go away, I took a last desperate measure - I upgraded to the latest driver (4-4-2007).

And hey presto - banding gone completely! plus a slight, but at normal vieing distance (holding an A5 print at arm's length) detectable increase in print sharpness.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm a happy printer.

Board index Equipment Printers Epson R1800 printing (wide) magenta bands