Board index Equipment Printers Ink jet printers

Printers

Ink jet printers

roseedna

Ink jet printers

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:21 am

Most commercial and industrial ink jet printers use a piezoelectric material in an ink-filled chamber behind each nozzle instead of a heating element. When a voltage is applied, the piezoelectric material changes shape or size, which generates a pressure pulse in the fluid forcing a droplet of ink from the nozzle. This is essentially the same mechanism as the thermal inkjet but generates the pressure pulse using a different physical principle. Piezoelectric also called Piezo ink jet allows a wider variety of inks than thermal or continuous ink jet but the print heads are more expensive. Piezo inkjet technology uses s tationary heads, which are built with robust construction and are designed for high volume production, faster print speeds, and lower costs. There is a drop-on-demand process, with software that directs the heads to apply between zero to eight droplets of ink per dot and only where needed. As of November 2008, the fastest cut-sheet inkjet printer on the market is the RISO HC5500, which prints 120 full-color pages per minute and utilizes ComColor color management technology. The RISO HC5500 printer uses six pico litres per ink droplet.
---------------------------------------------
Rose

iowa drug rehab

dougj

Re: Ink jet printers

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:50 am

Joined today, first post and it's a verbatim copy from the Wikipedia on piezoelectric injets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkjet_printer

prinothcat

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:49 pm

To what end we must wonder?

shawnkraus

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Interesting information just the same. As printers allow more and more colors I wonder if it is advantageous. A printer uses CMYK as opposed to the RGB of the camera and I wonder if the programs used to decide what colors of ink are used have a hard time dtermining it when it comes to a color that falls between two ink colors. Knowing that RGB is an additive process and CMYK is a subtractive process I have always been amazed that we get the prints we do from our inkjet printers.

Board index Equipment Printers Ink jet printers