Board index Equipment Printers Canon i850 washed out

Printers

Canon i850 washed out

don_empey_photography

Canon i850 washed out

Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:47 pm

I am using a Canon i850. When I do a home print it comes out all washed out and dull, very faded looking. I have tried ever set up possible and can't even get close to the quality from a cheap internet print company. Should I give up or am I missing something.

ukexpat

Re: Canon i850 washed out

Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:40 pm

don_empey_photography wrote:I am using a Canon i850. When I do a home print it comes out all washed out and dull, very faded looking. I have tried ever set up possible and can't even get close to the quality from a cheap internet print company. Should I give up or am I missing something.

You will have to change the settings in your printer driver. The place to start though is your monitor -- make sure that is adjusted correctly first. Then tweak the settings on your printer.

castledude

Post Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:42 pm

Also make sure you start from scratch.

Start with high quality paper and Canon Inks. Use the included software (like EZPhotoprint) first then branch out for adjustments.

The 850 is a very capable printer.

don_empey_photography

Canon i850 washed out

Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:39 am

I have calibrated the monitor and it looks exactly the same as the print I get from my on-line order store which is great. I do I go about setting the printer driver settings? I've never been in there before.

castledude

Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:11 pm

Assuming you are on a PC.

Bring up the Printers and faxes (from control panel) then click on the printer then do a properties on it. Lots of options to play with.

--------------------------
Also on another forum somebody just posted that if you accidentally use 6 series cartridges on your 850 (instead of 3 series) it will produce washed out prints.

Board index Equipment Printers Canon i850 washed out