Board index Equipment Printers Refilling Canon Ink Cartridges?

Printers

Refilling Canon Ink Cartridges?

annayu

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:51 am

Has anyone seen any diffence in fading with the refillable inks? Or shift in color over time?

geffklusner

ink cartridge

Post Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:42 am

The most important factor in the cost of the printer is not the initial cost but the ongoing costs of the consumables,ink and paper.

An easy way to make ink jet cartridges last longer is to use your printer's draft-mode setting. This lays down less ink on a page, saving as much as 50 percent on the per-page printing cost. Your pages will look light, but will be fine for quickly checking layouts or Web page.

themoll

Cheap ink

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:24 am

We tried the cheaper ink systems for our Photos onto canvas prints and they were useless. Beware as you may also invalidate any warraty you have.

cokilan

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:23 am

jromanoff wrote:Try http://bluedogink.com I just started using them, the ink works well, and very inexpensive.

thnaks

photofiend

Re: Refilling Canon Ink Cartridges?

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:50 am

I've been sending for ink at vibrant ink and the savings is significant..

photoshooter01

Post Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:06 pm

ok i do on site photos every weekend at car races i do on the ave 50 pics a weekend a few weeks ago i did 60 13 by 19 pics along with about 50 8 by 10 i use 3 canon s9000 and i can tell you the best thing to do is buy from abcinks.com as for clogging i havent been sold on cheap inks clogged faster ive had them clog with just canon inks also with the price you save on cheap inks you can buy several 65.00 print heads

socalveryfun

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:30 pm

canon cartridges can be easily refilled, just make sure the whole you drilled is closed tightly (I use rubber seal and tape over it). this ink works great:

http://www.sebronco.com/sebronco-black- ... 56133.html

stevedub

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Refills can get messy, and be difficult. They are certainly a viable option, though. However, I would recommend looking into inexpensive compatible cartridges that will only be a little more expensive, but will save you the headache of manually refilling ink cartridges. Though, if you really want to save as much money as possible, I suppose getting an inkjet refill would be the way to go.

Previous

Board index Equipment Printers Refilling Canon Ink Cartridges?