Board index Equipment Printers i9900 purple print?

Printers

i9900 purple print?

ulaoulao

i9900 purple print?

Post Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:42 pm

I just set up my i9900 canon. I cleaned and check the alignment. Every photo is purple. I adjusted the colors but they have 0 effect? I even turned each color all the way up and down and there is no change. The ink was from the vendor and is not Canon ink(100% compatible so they say) They shorted me a PC (photo Cyan) I used a oa100 cartage I had on hand. My guess is the mixing of cartages is the problem, but not sure. Also why is the color adjustment not working? thx in advance.

boonmark

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:38 am

First, check to make sure that you have all the ink colours in the correct order. If you put them correctly, time to call Canon.

ulaoulao

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:59 am

Will do, My guess is they will ask me to use the other ink. can a cartridge be plugged up safely for storing, if I need to remove the ones that are in there.

ukexpat

Re: i9900 purple print?

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:34 am

ulaoulao wrote:I just set up my i9900 canon. I cleaned and check the alignment. Every photo is purple. I adjusted the colors but they have 0 effect? I even turned each color all the way up and down and there is no change. The ink was from the vendor and is not Canon ink(100% compatible so they say) They shorted me a PC (photo Cyan) I used a oa100 cartage I had on hand. My guess is the mixing of cartages is the problem, but not sure. Also why is the color adjustment not working? thx in advance.

I can guarantee that if you tell Canon that you are using non-Canon ink, they will either refuse to help you, or tell you to use Canon ink, then call them back if you are still having a problem.

ulaoulao

Post Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:14 am

I didnt want to say that my self but I cold hartedly agree. I will just lie :x.

but can I safly store the opened ink's?

ulaoulao

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:01 am

First, check to make sure that you have all the ink colors in the correct order. If you put them correctly, time to call Canon.

Well I ended up talking to Dell, the guy was rather nice? I ended up telling him I had 3rd part ink since we could not find any problems other wise. And he began to trouble shoot anyways. The problem was little dabs of glue that the ink garders left behind. I had to file them down.

Board index Equipment Printers i9900 purple print?