Board index Equipment Printers Black and white digital images printing with a reddish tint

Printers

Black and white digital images printing with a reddish tint

rhyman

Black and white digital images printing with a reddish tint

Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:00 pm

Why would black and white images print with a reddish/almost sepia looking tint? The images look correct on screen but when I print them they have a reddish tint to them. If I direct my printer Epson R200 to print with only black or white ink, they come out very grainy. So it has something to do with how the computer and printer are communicating but I don't know and I've blown a lot of ink trying to figure this out!

Any ideas??

ukexpat

Re: Black and white digital images printing with a reddish t

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:37 am

rhyman wrote:Why would black and white images print with a reddish/almost sepia looking tint? The images look correct on screen but when I print them they have a reddish tint to them. If I direct my printer Epson R200 to print with only black or white ink, they come out very grainy. So it has something to do with how the computer and printer are communicating but I don't know and I've blown a lot of ink trying to figure this out!

Any ideas??

Have you tried converting them to grayscale rather than B&W?

The only way to ensure faithful colour reproduction is to calibrate your monitor and create a custome profile for your printer...

digitalcmh

Re: Black and white digital images printing with a reddish t

Post Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:50 pm

rhyman wrote:Why would black and white images print with a reddish/almost sepia looking tint? The images look correct on screen but when I print them they have a reddish tint to them. If I direct my printer Epson R200 to print with only black or white ink, they come out very grainy. So it has something to do with how the computer and printer are communicating but I don't know and I've blown a lot of ink trying to figure this out!

Any ideas??

If you're using the Epson driver's normal color controls, you can reduce the Magenta channel from the driver. Experiment!

Board index Equipment Printers Black and white digital images printing with a reddish tint