Board index PBase News New Forum Feature - email

News

New Forum Feature - email

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Forum Feature - email

Post Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:59 am

You can now enter an email address when editing your forum settings. This is separate from your regular PBase email address. It will be used only for the forums, and it must be verified. So, watch for a confirmation email and click on the link that you are given. This will verify that the email address is really yours. Until you do this, you will not receive any forum emails. You can choose whether or not you want it to be publicly viewable. It will be used to notify you of topic replies that you request. If it is publicly viewable, other forum users will be able to communicate with you via email. Enjoy!

-Emily
(The Forum Goddess)

char

New forum e-mail

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:06 pm

I haven't gotten one yet, but will our personal forums look like this? Thanks.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 1:10 pm

hi.
nope, sorry.
that "personal forum" is not really a good name for it.
it's a quick way to find any comments on your photos and galleries.
the whole comment system is in the middle of an upgrade to have more options and be much easier to use.

-slug

dalboz

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:57 pm

slug wrote:the whole comment system is in the middle of an upgrade

Does this mean that all current comments will be lost?
-Matt

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:25 am

no. existing comments won't be lost.

andag1

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:34 am

Do you sell email addresses? I want to use my REAL one but don't want the trash (ads) that I reserve my other accounts for.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:51 am

andag1 wrote:Do you sell email addresses? I want to use my REAL one but don't want the trash (ads) that I reserve my other accounts for.

no. pbase does not sell or give away any lists of email addresses.
but use that option to always display your email address at your own risk, because who knows who might be harvesting email addresses for spam.

-slug

juliano

Post Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:10 pm

a good workaround is to post an address like mynameXX@yahoo.com. then include a message for people to remove the XX if they want to mail you. this fools the email-adress harvesting spammer programs that search the web for adresses

thresholdprod

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:08 am

If you go that route you need to use something special. Not xxx, remove,spam, block and so forth.Also the (at) and (dot) are no longer safe tricks. The spam monkeys now have scripts that work with bots to de-mung you email address. Change one thing slightly like myname23@ then remove the numbers. I'm waiting to see the programs start automatically taking care of removing what every is after remove.

Of course a law allowing an open season on spammers would be better....

Bill
Bill Freeman
"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but usually consumes the bandwidth of more than two thousand." --Gym Quirk
Many great words of wisdom and advice http://www.pbase.com/help http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

falkor

unsolicited messages should be 5 year crime

Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:32 am

threshold

it should be an arrestable offence (5 years imprisonment) to be in possession of lists containing 20 or more e-mail addresses with intent to send unsolicited messages, simple as that

joe

Fast Cash!

Post Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:08 pm

THIS REALLY CAN MAKE YOU EASY MONEY!! IT WORKS!!! BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW IT TO A LETTER FOR IT TO WORK!!!! : A little while back, I was browsing through newsgroup, just like you are now and came across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands dollars within weeks with only an initial investment of $6.00! So I thought, "Yeah, right, this must be a scam", but like most of us, I was curious, so I kept reading. : Anyway, it said that you send $1.00 to each of the 6 names and address stated in the article. You then place your own name and address in the bottom of the list at #6, and post the article in at least 200 newsgroups. (There are thousands) No catch, that was it. So after thinking it over, and talking to few people first, I thought about trying it. I figured what have I got to lose except 6 stamps and $6.00, right? Like most of us I was a little skeptical and a little worried about the legal aspects of it: All, so I checked it out with the U.S. Post Office (1-800-725-2161) and they confirmed that it is indeed legal! Then I invested the measly $6.00. Well GUESS WHAT? Within 7 days, I started getting money in the mail! I was shocked! I figured it would end soon, but the money just kept coming in. In my first week, I made about $25.00. By the end second week I had made a total over $1,000.00! In the third week I had over $10,000.00 and it's still growing. This is now my fourth week and I have made a total of just over $42,000.00 and it's still coming in rapidly. Its: Certainly worth $6.00, and 6 stamps, I have spent more than that on the lottery!! : Let me tell you how this works and most importantly, why it works? Please make sure you print a copy of this article NOW, so you can get the information off of it, as you need it.

STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each piece of paper "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST." Now get 6 US $1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the bill will not be seen through the envelope to prevent thievery. Next, place one paper in each stating the above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00 bill. What you are doing is creating a service by this. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY LEGAL! Mail the 6 envelopes to the following addresses:

#1)
P. Timmons
4500 S.W. 26th street
Hollywood, fl. 33023

#2)
B. Davis
1520 N.E. 151st street apt. 103
Miami, fl. 33162

#3)
Vicman Garcialepe
6713 Pickering ave. Apt C
Whittier CA 90601

#4)
Chuck Robertson
2262 Jamestown Ln.
Carrollton, TX 75006

#5)
Lenny Viner
1 milestone Rd.
Rye Brook, NY 10573

#6)
Joe King
206 Highland Dr.
Rockford, Mi 49341

STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc.) and add YOUR Name as number 6 on the list. STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at least 200 newsgroups, message board. (I think there are close to 24,000 groups) All you need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more money you make!

---- DIRECTIONS----HOW TO POST TO NEWSGROUPS, MESSAGE BOARD---

1- You do not need to re-type this entire letter to do your own posting. Simply put your cursor at the beginning of this letter and drag you’re Cursor to the bottom of this document, and select 'copy' from the edit menu. This will copy the entire letter into the computer memory.

2- Open a blank 'notepad' file and place your cursor at the top of the blank page. From the 'edit' menu select 'paste'. This will paste a copy of the letter into notepad so that you can add your name to the list.

3- Save your new notepad file as a .txt file. If you want to do your postings in different sittings, you'll always have this file to go back to.

4- Use Netscape or Internet explorer and try searching for various newsgroups (on-line forums, message boards, chat sites, discussions.) Just example you log on any search engine like yahoo.com, google.com, altavista.com or excite.com. Search with this subject "millionaire message board". You also can search "money making message board" or "employment message board" or "money making discussions" or “post replyâ€

juliano

Post Wed May 23, 2007 2:40 am

Anonymous wrote:a good workaround is to post an address like mynameXX@yahoo.com. then include a message for people to remove the XX if they want to mail you. this fools the email-adress harvesting spammer programs that search the web for adresses

see: http://www.pozycjonowanie.zehej.pl

sjusczyk

Re: New Forum Feature - email

Post Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 pm

This may be a new scam. "Debbie Walker" said she was interested in buying one of my pictures. We made arrangements that she would send me enough to cover shipping. The photograph was $250. She then sent me a check for $2000 and told me to send the remainder to her shipper because she was moving. The setup was that I would send the money to the shipper and then my bank would end up deducting it from my account when the check was found to be fraudulent. Be careful out there.
Steve Jusczyk

Board index PBase News New Forum Feature - email