Board index PBase News New front page

News

New front page

klopus

Just please don't overdo it!

Post Tue May 15, 2007 3:21 pm

To me one of the biggest advantages of PBase over competitors (SmugMug, Zenofolio, etc.) is a clean, efficient and simple look without much of bells and wistles and unneeded ornamentation. That's the same site design approach that made Google and Yahoo so successful.

I'm all for for changing whatever is under the hood to make things more efficient and functional but for site face I really hope that with the new redesign you'll continue in the same simple vein.

morbius

Re: Just please don't overdo it!

Post Tue May 15, 2007 8:06 pm

klopus wrote:To me one of the biggest advantages of PBase over competitors (SmugMug, Zenofolio, etc.) is a clean, efficient and simple look without much of bells and wistles and unneeded ornamentation.

I'd like to echo this comment. I like the new look and welcome a refresh of the overall apperance of PBase which has become a bit stale and is somewaht klunky, but I hope you dontt throw the baby out with the bathwater.

timothynosenzo

Post Tue May 15, 2007 9:04 pm

New homepage is nice, well done. A site refresh will be a welcome change as well.

Regarding the popular galleries always being displayed on the front page--I think a link to them is fine, although I would also welcome a link to see random galleries. Part of me wonders if the popular galleries are so popular because they're always on the front page... :)

reflectionsbyruth

Post Tue May 15, 2007 9:50 pm

I agree, definitely more professional looking, good job, thanks for your hard work

themoebius

Post Tue May 15, 2007 9:53 pm

This looks better then the old one, Good work.

http://www.pbase.com/themoebius/

gpaai

Post Wed May 16, 2007 1:45 am

timothynosenzo wrote:Part of me wonders if the popular galleries are so popular because they're always on the front page... :)

Something had to get them there in the first place.
I love photoshopography.......

jimcritchley

Post Wed May 16, 2007 3:36 am

Very much liked the new front page, the countries and features topic is an excellent idea. On a request front, is there going to be a service in the near future where you can post your pictures from a particular country in that section? Or is it already on there and I have missed it?

maxie6

The New PBase Look

Post Wed May 16, 2007 6:06 am

The re-vamped homepage is wonderful. It was a pleasant surprise.

Keep it up.

jeanette...

steve_nelson

Post Wed May 16, 2007 3:40 pm

Ya done good! Very nice.

clickaway

Post Wed May 16, 2007 4:25 pm

gpaai wrote:The Jury is still out for me. Personally I liked seeing random Popular Galleries on the home page (I thought they deserved recognition).

In truth, the random galleries shown on the old front page were pretty stale and hadn't been updated for ages.

Now, we have a new and fresh selection, although I'm unsure on what basis they've been picked, but the quality of all the selected images now showing on the new front page seems to be very high.

Ray

gpaai

Post Wed May 16, 2007 5:29 pm

clickaway wrote:
gpaai wrote:The Jury is still out for me. Personally I liked seeing random Popular Galleries on the home page (I thought they deserved recognition).

In truth, the random galleries shown on the old front page were pretty stale and hadn't been updated for ages.

Oh, ok... I thought they were chosen strictly by popular votes regardless of age of gallery.
I love photoshopography.......

ctstone
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Wed May 16, 2007 5:41 pm

The featured galleries are a subset of the 90 popular galleries, containing nearly 1000 of our subjective picks from that period. We will definitely keep it more up-to-date than we have in the past.
Chris
Pbase Team

clickaway

Post Wed May 16, 2007 9:38 pm

jimcritchley wrote: On a request front, is there going to be a service in the near future where you can post your pictures from a particular country in that section? Or is it already on there and I have missed it?

I have been advised that the country is selected in accordance with the location you choose in the gallery menu. Edit one of your galleries and select the appopriate country.

floradoragirl

Post Wed May 16, 2007 9:54 pm

I like the new look very much. I'm not at home at the moment, so logged in from a strange computer and for a moment thought..."where am I? What's gone wrong?" :-)
Rosie

See what I've seen...

djwixx

Post Sun May 20, 2007 1:02 am

Great stuff - Looks great.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New front page