luc_vn

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:22 pm

Great stuff thanks!

Rgds,

Luc

bobt54

a few observations

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:28 pm

Just an observation that while Guestbook comments show up on my Comment Management page in Pbase, they have not shown up in my Recent comments feed. It appears that only picture and gallery comments are showing up in the feed.

One unintended consequence of subscribing to the PAD feed is that I can sort all the PAD entries by name. There are a surprising number of individuals who post 3 or 4 times a day to their PAD galleries. I am not talking about posts that are 18 hours apart but those that are 1 hour apart. They seem to be done intentionally to maximise exposure in the public pad area.

It is my understanding that if you post another picture less than 24 hours after the first, then the previous entry is kicked out of the public PAD area. Is that correct?

ctstone
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Re: a few observations

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:47 pm

bobt54 wrote:Just an observation that while Guestbook comments show up on my Comment Management page in Pbase, they have not shown up in my Recent comments feed. It appears that only picture and gallery comments are showing up in the feed.

The feed only shows the last 10 comments. It looks like your last guestbook post was in March and has been edged out of the feed by photo/gallery comments which all appear to have been posted in June. Also note that the feed will skip over any non-public or hidden guestbook posts.

bobt54 wrote:One unintended consequence of subscribing to the PAD feed is that I can sort all the PAD entries by name. There are a surprising number of individuals who post 3 or 4 times a day to their PAD galleries.

The feed should be showing the same photos as the PAD page, but I will add a check to filter out duplicate entries from the same photographer.
Chris
Pbase Team

bobt54

Re: a few observations

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:39 pm

ctstone wrote:
bobt54 wrote:Just an observation that while Guestbook comments show up on my Comment Management page in Pbase, they have not shown up in my Recent comments feed. It appears that only picture and gallery comments are showing up in the feed.

The feed only shows the last 10 comments. It looks like your last guestbook post was in March and has been edged out of the feed by photo/gallery comments which all appear to have been posted in June. Also note that the feed will skip over any non-public or hidden guestbook posts.

bobt54 wrote:One unintended consequence of subscribing to the PAD feed is that I can sort all the PAD entries by name. There are a surprising number of individuals who post 3 or 4 times a day to their PAD galleries.

The feed should be showing the same photos as the PAD page, but I will add a check to filter out duplicate entries from the same photographer.

hmm.. Not sure what you are looking at but I just got an entry, albeit, a strange one from a guest user(no galleries, no pictures), in my Guest Book today. That is why I noticed it had not shown up in my comment feed.

The filter you mention may help people who log into their feed reader for the first time in a day or so, but will it remove items already downloaded by the feed earlier in the day?

Its no big deal, I mention it more as an abuse of the PAD gallery by some than as a problem for the feed.

cbeauche

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:05 pm

Great job!
Is there any chance we can get a RSS feed for a specific gallery?

ctstone
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:31 pm

bob: When I view your guestbook, the latest entry i see is from Andrea Bugamelli on 15-Mar-2007 21:26. Perhaps you are seeing non-public comments in your comment management feed? Try viewing your guestbook after logging out to see only the public comments.

cbeauche: yes, that is a feature we hope to have online soon.
Chris
Pbase Team

mmozartina

new gals

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:44 am

markameleon

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:33 am

Just stopping by to say thanx for the improvements ( 500Mo, RSS, and more... ) :wink:

lord_of_the_badgers

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:23 pm

It seems to be down at the moment (for me anyway) - but it's a cool feature.. i use Netvibes as my "homepage" so it's nice to see if anyone's commented on my stuff/added to their galleries.

ctstone
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:29 pm

lord_of_the_badgers wrote:It seems to be down at the moment (for me anyway) - but it's a cool feature.. i use Netvibes as my "homepage" so it's nice to see if anyone's commented on my stuff/added to their galleries.

Feeds are back online. Sorry for the down-time!
Chris
Pbase Team

flemmingbo

Post Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:22 pm

It seems like the feed doesn't include Pblog galleries - is this on purpose or?

Have a look at: http://feeds.pbase.com/feeds/flemmingbo/galleries.atom

I have a gallery called Panoramas that uses the Pblog template, it should be no. 3 on the feed above but is nowhere to be found.
Flemming Bo Jensen Photography
Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/flemmingbo
My photography blog: http://flemmingbo.wordpress.com

beyer

How do I add PSS feed to my gallery?

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:24 pm

I have tried to find out what I have to do to add PSS feed to my gallery by reading the posts above, but sorry ...

On a wiki I'm watching, there is an envelope to click to activate PSS feed. (I receive an email when somebody has edited the page.)

I want to implement the same option e.g. on my "Latest posts" gallery so that visitors that want PSS feed can click on an icon on my page and get it.
Is this possible?
Do the users have to give an email-adress?

or ..
Do I have to add the coding mentioned in some of the posts above to make it possible for the RRS-readers to see when my page is updated (like I have for GoogleAnalytics)?

Confused? I am :)

Beyer

beyer

Email Notification

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:12 am

Photo Uploads: http://feeds.pbase.com/feeds/beyer/photos.atom works well with Google Reader. Great, thank you! :D

Do you know if it's possible to get Email Notification when a subscription get new posts?

Beyer

heyscriv

Re: New Feature: Pbase Feeds

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:32 pm

[quote="ctstone"]We are pleased to announce the addition of feeds to PBase.com.

This is so cool! On Leopard 10.5, an RSS reader is built into the Mail app. So much easier to keep up to date with friends' galleries and mine as well. And much easier to share with others.

Thanks so much!

msary80

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:28 am

Step by step we are getting to be an awesome community!

You did fairly well!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create and start managing account,takes just minutesCat websiteCat foodCat diseaselinks

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Feature: Pbase Feeds